• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adagio in G minor

Share/Bookmark

Adagio in G minor

I did this experiment as a string ensemble building exercise combining different string sounds together. This was done using all GPO4 using only Aria options for EQ
    and PerfectSpace for reverb.

Adagio in G Minor

History of the song

Re: Adagio in G minor

The ensemble has a very lush and believable sound. Only the solo sounds just too clean/filtered, and the crescendo (at 0:53) is a bit too much (perhaps too fast), for the rest I think your experiment has fully succeeded. How did you do it?
    Theo

I used Finale PrintMusic to enter the score, and I also built an ensemble of strings in Aria so that the combination of section and solo players combined produced a more full sound. For example, on the Violin I part, I use the Violin I Section patch plus the Solo Player 1 and 2 to get a more combined sound. The humanizing feature of Finale was all derived from the musical notation that was added to the score when I entered the parts into the score. The reverb was added as part of the Finale setup so it was a totally self contained experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    The ensemble has a very lush and believable sound. Only the solo sounds just too clean/filtered, and the crescendo (at 0:53) is a bit too much (perhaps too fast), for the rest I think your experiment has fully succeeded. How did you do it?

Have I heard this before.

I think you're getting a real good sound with the strings.

Phil

Go Back to forum