• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Answers" (Violin And Piano)

Share/Bookmark

"Answers" (Violin And Piano)

Y'all,

Here is my "Answers", a work for violin and piano.

The piano is the incomparable Garritan Authorized Steinway Model D. What a joy it is to work with this sample library!

This could be my last posting because my health is worsening with each passing day. I had a stroke a couple of weeks ago. It was minor in nature but it is causing some bad after-effects.

It has been a great pleasure knowing all of you! Thank you for your "virtual" cyberfriendship.

Regards to everyone.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Answers" (Violin And Piano)

I am new here. This is actually my first post on this forum. I just recently purchased GPO4. Though I do not know you, I am sorry to hear that you've not been in good health. I wish the best for you, and hope that you're health takes a turn for the better.

I love "Answers". I only hope that someday I might be able to use GPO as skillfully as you. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason.M.Watts View Post
    I am new here. This is actually my first post on this forum. I just recently purchased GPO4. Though I do not know you, I am sorry to hear that you've not been in good health. I wish the best for you, and hope that your health takes a turn for the better.

I love "Answers". I only hope that someday I might be able to use GPO as skillfully as you. Very nice!
    Thank you, Mister Jason, for your kind remarks. I appreciate your input.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

NO, NO, NO!!! Larry, this is not your last posting, absolutely not! This forum would not be the same without you. I adore your music! It has so much life, vitality, and exuberance in every note you write. I've said before that are musical paths are very similar in nature, I guess that's why your music resonates with me so much.

I can truly say that it's not over until it's over. I too, have had a terrible year of health. My Crohn's has flared up and out of control most of the year, in the hospital for all of September. I'm on prednisone, 6mp and some other experimental drugs I can't pronounce and with side affects worse than the supposed cure. So far nothing has been working and I'm going downhill fast. But I haven't given up. I'm determined to beat this thing. And it's music like yours that keeps me going because it challenges my musical expression to be better than I've done in the past.

And getting back to the point on hand, I love this violin sonata! Such fun! You have this wonderful style that no one else can duplicate Larry. I feel so much better today just having heard it (actually have played it 3 times so far, but who's counting!)

Anyway, I expect much more from you in the future. It's the one medicine I take that really works!

With much admiration and respect,
    Cass

I am muchly obliged to you, Mister Cass. Thanks for your message.

I have always admired your compositional abilities and have told you that I thought you were the best writer in the universe and beyond.

I am so sorry to hear of your health problems. I hope that things get much better for you very soon.

I will hold on as long as I can. I am a tough, old bird.

My best to you.

Take care and get well SOON.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Just.... Beautiful!!!!

your counterpoint makes me jealous!!

it flows so nicely!!
    the violin sounds really good what did you use for it?

Thanks,
    Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by beach View Post
    Just.... Beautiful!!!!

your counterpoint makes me jealous!!

it flows so nicely!!
    the violin sounds really good what did you use for it?

Thanks,
    Roberto
    Thanks for listening and responding, Mister Rob. I appreciate it. Grazie!

I shouldn't mention what violin I used since it is not a Garritan instrument. I think that you understand.

My best to you.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Thanks for listening and responding, Mister Rob. I appreciate it. Grazie!

I shouldn't mention what violin I used since it is not a Garritan instrument. I think that you understand.

My best to you.

understandable!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you Larry.

I do enjoy your music and though I don't comment much, it is always a pleasure to listen to your postings. This one is no different. I marvel and your deep understanding of melodic line and counterpoint.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Ah, I just re-read your original post and saw that "Answers" was created using the Garritan Authorized Steinway. I suppose after listening that I assumed it was the GPO Steinway and a violin from it as well.

I have been thinking of purchasing that library, and now that I have listened again, I think I will order it tomorrow.

And thank you for your kind words!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast