• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: $$$ watsed?

Share/Bookmark

Angry $$$ watsed?

Yet another product I just plunked big bucks down for has fallen in to the hands of piracy. This one was highly protected with watermarks or, so they said it was, but now it's all over the net. I am so sick of seeing the world have for free what I just paid for!! Peace.

Re: $$$ watsed?

OK. Maybe that was a bad choice of words. My point is that I am upset about piracy and how every thing I spend money on winds up a freebie.
    Peace

Imagine how the developers feel. It sucks seeing your work stolen.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Paranormal View Post
    OK. Maybe that was a bad choice of words. My point is that I am upset about piracy and how every thing I spend money on winds up a freebie.
    Peace
    Look at it this way: Your integrity is still in tact and the long arm of the law can't touch you.

Rob

To know that stuff was out there for free and I still chose to pay for it actually makes me feel better. Developers deserve the money we give them.

I know it's just a poor choice of words, but still : If no one payed for these products, then they simply wouldn't be around all together. It's a small market and developers need support to be able to continue developing those great tools for us composers. I have payed each and every sample and/or plug-in I'm using and always felt great about it.

That said, what I hate is that when I'm having the inconveniences of dealing with copy protection, dongles, loosing my time with it, maybe even having restrictions of the usability, while people using pirated versions simply install the stuff and rock on.

The worst case I have is with Cubase 4 from Steinberg : If you lose the dongle that comes with the software or it is stolen, then you lose the license.. now does that makes sense? After years of explanation : "The product is licensed to you, not sold", how can I lose it, when I lose the dongle? It's really getting extreme in some cases against loyal users and customers, and that is a pity.. I still will go on investing in each tool I use, but when I can, I avoid certain companies, if I'm not comfortable with their politics.

Sorry but it is just the opposite for me. I am happy to use a dongle or anything else that will protect my investment and developer’s hard work. I don’t mind it at all. I thought watermarking would do the same but nope. I am sick of seeing expensive product become freeware and nothing can be done about. I also agree that smaller companies are losing in the fight and we may see them fold all together. It sucks. Sorry to be a downer. I was just upset to see a new product get stolen so fast. Peace.

Kid, why don't you just give a hint to the developer where the pirates are?
    Watermarking is a great way of protection because it hits the guys who upload, not download.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Paranormal View Post
    OK. Maybe that was a bad choice of words.
    Actually, "w a t s e d" isn't a word at all.

All in fun.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast