• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trial/Limited version of GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Trial/Limited version of GPO4

Hello everyone,

I am very interested in purchasing Garritan Personal Orchestra - however, before I do it, I want to be sure is the tool I am looking for. Do you know if a trial or a limited version is available or can be requested?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Trial/Limited version of GPO4

I don't believe a product demo exists. How do you plan to use GPO?

I would like to use it for arranging some tracks I'm producing, where I'm resorting to some other libraries which simply don't cut it if you want to get more than an ensemble playing the same notes. Also, in the mid-long term, to start producing soundtracks and similar.

What DAW/notation program are you using? GPO will work with any of them, but be aware that GPO is different from other libraries in that there aren't multiple articulations for each instrument. The strings for instance have keyswitches for arco, pizz, tremolo, trills, up/down bows. But for other techniques you need to use midi controllers to alter the data. Also the samples are recorded with no reverb. If that all works for you, then GPO will be the best purchase you've made so far this year.

That's mostly what I needed to hear - btw, I am using Logic Pro as a sequencer, and I already saw some tutorials for 16 voices arrangements, and I indeed have a MIDI controller from which I record all of the various parts. Thanks for your insights, I think I'm going to do the madness then

P.S.: It will indeed be the best one so far, as it is the first ^^

Hi Drfav,

Be forwarned that GPO is not a "play-it-and-forget-it" type library. However, if you are willing to learn how to use it properly and spend the time to bring out the realism, it is sensational. You will enjoy it for many years!

Good luck and regards,

Frank

Hi Frank, thanks for replying,

That's another good point in spending my money on it - I'm exactly looking for a product which requires time and commitment for achieving results - I'm done with play and forget stuff, as in the end, you are never able to reach complete satisfaction.

GPO is the all-time champ of the Marginal Benefit/Marginal Cost Ratio League.
    That's econ-speak for "you get max bang for the buck."

Learn how to use the MIDI controllers to control the sound, and you are gonna enjoy!

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Perhaps we should put out a trial or limited version. Even though the cost is low, it may help people to have a demo.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by drfav View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am very interested in purchasing Garritan Personal Orchestra - however, before I do it, I want to be sure is the tool I am looking for. Do you know if a trial or a limited version is available or can be requested?

Thanks in advance!

A trial or limited version would be great. Each type has their own pros and cons, but I personally would recommend a limited version, just as a way of giving a taste and allowing a budding musician a way to work with GPO for a while rather than giving a full toolset for a limited period of time.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Go Back to forum