• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi controller doesnt change instruments - newbie question

Share/Bookmark

Midi controller doesnt change instruments - newbie question

Hi (and sorry if been asked before but couldnt see thread)
    Just got a M-Audio 88es (to use full range rather than small Edirol I have or Clavinova - which is older and doesnt have expression wheels) to use at same time got JBB3 and Aria engine. Its USB linked
    On my Dimension Pro and other synth and packages, when I change instrument it changes and the sustain works nicely BUT when I load a series of instruments into the Aria player it keeps playing only the first instrument (even though others selected and they play on the virstual keyboard) - additionally the sustain pedal doesnt hold the note for any length of time.
    I know I must be doing something silly but any help appreciated.
    Details of my set up in the sig. Thanks for any help
    Ian - pavmusic.com

Core2Duo3.0 12GbDDR3, WIN 7 64bit

Lightbulb Re: Midi controller doesnt change instruments - newbie question

I did of code mean that when I select other instrument with the mouse in Aria -themidi keyboard continues to only play the first instrument loaded. Any help would be appreciated
    Ian - pavmusic.com

Re: Midi controller doesnt change instruments - newbie question

Quote Originally Posted by PavMusic View Post
    Hi (and sorry if been asked before but couldnt see thread)
    Just got a M-Audio 88es (to use full range rather than small Edirol I have or Clavinova - which is older and doesnt have expression wheels) to use at same time got JBB3 and Aria engine. Its USB linked
    On my Dimension Pro and other synth and packages, when I change instrument it changes and the sustain works nicely BUT when I load a series of instruments into the Aria player it keeps playing only the first instrument (even though others selected and they play on the virstual keyboard) - additionally the sustain pedal doesnt hold the note for any length of time.
    I know I must be doing something silly but any help appreciated.
    Details of my set up in the sig. Thanks for any help
    Not sure if this would help, but try setting your instrument channel assignments in ARIA to OM (OM = Omni). As to the sustain pedal (CC64) ARIA uses it to control legato -- it responds as a normal sustain only with the piano.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Thanks Steve
    The pedal info is very helpful as I expected to hear the sustainin/slur (as it holds notes when playing instruments other than piano through Dimension Pro for example) rather than it doing the legato - appreciate the clarification.

One question re the other - should I also be using the Multi version of Aria 64x rather than other going straight to channels 1/2 - or shouldnt that matter?

Again appreciate the input

Cheers

ian
    Ian - pavmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by PavMusic View Post
    Should I also be using the Multi version of Aria 64x rather than other going straight to channels 1/2 - or shouldnt that matter?
    Ah, you have me at a disadvantage, because I use my keyboard only for inputting notes into Finale, so I've never set it up to do instrument changes for real-time keyboarding. Just going by intuition, I'd say that the ARIA Multi player is the one you should be using.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Thanks again Steve
    Ian - pavmusic.com

Go Back to forum