• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO 4 with Notation Composer

Share/Bookmark

GPO 4 with Notation Composer

Hi everybody!

I'm planning on upgrading to GPO 4, given that I have an older version of GPO.

My main question now is: Is it possible to use GPO 4 with a notation program, the same way it was done with the GPO that still needed Garritan Studio? I mean, is there any tutorial on how to use GPO 4 as a plug-in to a specific notation program (in this case, Notation Composer)?

I have noticed that some people have trouble with getting these two programs working fine together, so I want to be sure that they will work.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Re: GPO 4 with Notation Composer

Quote Originally Posted by wolf2272 View Post
    Hi everybody!

I'm planning on upgrading to GPO 4, given that I have an older version of GPO.

My main question now is: Is it possible to use GPO 4 with a notation program, the same way it was done with the GPO that still needed Garritan Studio? I mean, is there any tutorial on how to use GPO 4 as a plug-in to a specific notation program (in this case, Notation Composer)?

I have noticed that some people have trouble with getting these two programs working fine together, so I want to be sure that they will work.

Thank you in advance for your answers!
    Absolutely you can use GPO 4 with any notation program. The only difference on the sample player side is that your VST plug-in will be the ARIA player, which replaced Studio. As to the specifics of how you do it with Notation Composer, the best thing would be to go to the support area at notation.com and look at the documentation they have online regarding how to use Notation Composer with VST instruments. I did a quick perusal and it appears that you should find their online info helpful.

Unfortunately, most of us on the forum who use a notation program are working with either Finale or Sibelius, so I'm not sure how many here would have direct experience with Notation Composer. That's why I'm suggesting you go to their support site first for guidance on how to set up ARIA as the VST plug-in. Then if you have any further questions I would definitely recommend posting them on this forum and the Notation Software discussion forum. If you put your questions up at both locations, I think that should increase your chances of getting satisfactory (and timely) answers.

I know how frustrating the learning curve can be when the how-to's aren't exactly straightforward. Hopefully the online resources at the Notation Software website will get you at least most of the way there.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Welcome to the forum wolf.

Steve is right that the Aria player can be used in a standalone mode just like the former Studio player could be.

I'm making the assumption by your initial post that you've been using Studio, so you would simply configure Aria to use whatever virtual midi cable you're using and continue using that same virtual midi cable with your notation software.

Also just like the former version of GPO you have the option of using Standard or Notation patches.

So in theory once you configure Aria's midi input to your virtual midi cable nothing else should change. That is in theory

Steve Winkler

Yep!

See my response to your other post:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...l=1#post662889

Thank you very much for your accurate answers, everybody. That should be enough for what I needed to know; I will upgrade to GPO 4.

I'm glad to know that there's no BIG difference between Garritan Studio and ARIA. Anyway, I have posted in the Notation Forum so I can get help from there too, in the given case that I could not setup Notation with ARIA (or any VST instruments that is new to me). Thanks for that, Steve!

Another bit of information I needed was if I could have the option of Standard or Notation patches and the virtual midi cable configuration, as I could with Garritan Studio. Thanks, S. Winkler.

Also, I now have an alternative to use GPO 4 as a standalone application, in case that I couldn't load the VST hosting. Thank you for that, Reegs!

Best regards,
    Robert

Go Back to forum