• Register
  • Help

Topic: What one can do with only one sample in Kontakt. Listen! Isn`t this cool?

Share/Bookmark

What one can do with only one sample in Kontakt. Listen! Isn`t this cool?

Listen to this piece and tell me what do you think.

http://www.box.net/shared/4pvais1e7y

All instruments I did with only one and the same "taiko-drum-sample" what comes with the library in Kontakt 4. The sample is called "ASN_tkoS_opnCtr.02". At the beginning of my demo you can listen to the poor sample.... . :-)
    The drums I used are also included in the Kontakt-4 library, called the jazz drumset.

I think it is very cool what you can do in Kontakt 4 with only one litte 438 KB sample! And there is no scripting, because I can`t write scripts.... . When I edit I use only my ears...... .

With the same sample I did some other coool sounds too and will post it later.

Many thanks to Hans Scheffler, who was so friendly and helped me with sending a midifile where he played that typical organ art. I have used this midifile here as the basic!

Enjoy! ;-)
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Re: What one can do with only one sample in Kontakt. Listen! Isn`t this cool?

There's no way I would have recognized that as deriving from a taiko sample.That is quite a mutation!.The timbres seem so radically different from what I would associate with a taiko drum.

Imagine what you could do with a sample of Ethel Merman's voice!

Marko

This is phenomenal! Great job, Gunther!

Mind bogglingly good.

It's also a good showcase for the sample transposition quality of Kontakt.

Greg.

I hate to rain on anyones parade but in many ways this is not remarkable at all.

Organ sounds are created with simple additive synthesis, which means that you play many sine waves together, their frequency multiples part of the overtone series. You basically took a sine wave part from a drum sample and used additive synthesis to make an organ sound. You could just as well say "Isn't it amazing what you can do with a sine wave". This is not new or unique in any way, but cheers for the effort, you are clearly having fun which is the key.

Yeah, what I did isn`t knew for people who know how to programm a synthesizer, but it is not as easy as you describe. And, all what I am doing is "showing" what one can do with only one sample. And I am sure many many people didn`t know, yes, no?

But wait, in the next days I post some other instruments, done with the same sample. And I am sure that the most people didn`t know that one can do this with a taiko-drum sample too. And yes, it makes a lot of fun!

Well done, Gunther! An excellent demonstration of what you've described, well played, and I'm sure you had fun working on it....................frank
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Gunther,

Amazing! And love the tune! I have never been too much of a fan of the organ but this sounds great!

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Thanks Darren and Frank.

Actually, today I wanted present some new/other taiko instruments, but I'm currently having too many other jobs. Next week you can listen to very special other instruments, if you are interested.

So here is the download-link for the organs, the sweet wurli and also the midifile: http://www.box.net/shared/57zsou13jo

I have got so many mails where people asked me if I am joking. So, if you are willing to learn how you can do so pretty fine things with Kontakt4, or if you do not believe me about my editings, feel free and download. There is also a Kontakt Multi patch where the instruments are organized for using the midifile.

Please note that the organs are very CPU hungry. This is because the loops are very short and Kontakt has to transpose the sample in a very wide range. (From deeeeep taiko-booom to highest waves) And don`t forget: All sounds are done with only one and the same sample! The sample is called ASN_tkoS_opnCtr_02.wav, and when you first load the instruments and Kontakt asks you about the samples, please select the folder where your Kontakt 4 library samples are stored. (World / Percussion / Taiko...)

Go Back to forum