• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best bass library for live use

Share/Bookmark

Best bass library for live use

Hey, all! I am doing a live show which basically involves late 60's rock (Janis Joplin, Blood, Sweat and Tears, etc.) and for a variety of reasons have to put the bass playing on keyboard. I posted recently asking about Trilian, and it sounds like it can do just about everything, but since I will be playing piano in my right hand, I'm not going to have the ability to do many keyswitches. I've seen a few old posts about Orange Tree and the Scarbee bass modules. It seems like they may alternate between samples more on their own without depending so much on keyswitches. Does anyone have experience with Scarbee or Orange Tree basses? Does the sound even remotely compare, especially if you can't spend a lot of time doing keyswitches?

Also, does anyone know if I would be able to use Trilian as an instrument in Mainstage? (A lot of my samples are Kontakt based, which I know I can open as part of Mainstage.) Thanks!

Re: Best bass library for live use

Scarbee basses are just like the real instrument. Highly recommended! There are several patch variations and IMO you don't need any keyswitches in a live situation in order to get a realistic bass performance.

Cheers,

Peter

The Scarbee Pre Bass is outstanding, especially played through Ik Multimedia's Ampeg SVX.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Plug in for Trilian- not a sample-collection but a VST/AU. Amazing bass sounds- just watch the videos they posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kajal123 View Post
    I've seen a few old posts about Orange Tree and the Scarbee bass modules. It seems like they may alternate between samples more on their own without depending so much on keyswitches. Does anyone have experience with Scarbee or Orange Tree basses? ???????? nice sharing,,,,,,,,,,,,
    The Orange Tree Samples basses automatically alternate between the 4x round-robin samples. In the case of CoreBass Cherry Picked, it will automatically switch between downstrokes and upstrokes (with 4x round robin each), and the slapped bass library will automatically determine whether the virtual bassist should slap or pop the notes based on your playing--so they're ideal for live playing where you don't need to rely on keyswitches.
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples
    Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Go Back to forum