• Register
  • Help

Topic: Batch Convert MP3 to WAV files?

Share/Bookmark

Batch Convert MP3 to WAV files?

I just downloaded all these great sample files from the Philharmonia web site (in the U.K.) and I was about to map them to new instruments, but Kontakt 2 doesn't recognize them. When I open the Files tab in the browser, none of the mp3 files are visible, so I can't drag them into the mapping editor.

I am wondering if there are any (free) applications on the Internet that would allow me to convert mp3 files to WAV files. There are literally thousands of them, so opening each file in Sonar and converting it just isn't practical.

Thanks.

Allegro Data Solutions

Re: Batch Convert MP3 to WAV files?

Try SIMPLE.

D

There is free Switch

~Yudit~

itunes?

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Thanks. I couldn't find "SIMPLE", but Switch seems to be just what I was looking for.

(I am disappointed with the Philharmonia samples, though. The file names don't tell you the pitch, articulation, or dynamics. I'd have to either download them individually or look them up one at a time and then rename each sample. Their tuba sample library much more sensibly labled -- and all ready in WAV format. I was up able to slap together a few rudimentary instruments in Kontakt in about 15 minutes. It's a shame about the other samples, though. These people obviously took a great deal of time recording them. It would have been nice if they had made full blown Kontant, or soundfont, or giga instruments from them.)

Allegro Data Solutions

If Switch doesn't work for you, PM me an email address and I'll send you SIMPLE.

D

Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    I just downloaded all these great sample files from the Philharmonia web site (in the U.K.)
    What samples are you talking about? Could you post a link?
    Thanks.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Lame/RazorLame. I don't know what your time is worth, but a voice in the back of my head keeps saying "GPO4 ... GPO4 ... GPO4 ...". This looks like one of those projects that doesn't make it past the McDonald's rule: If you worked at McDonald's for as many hours as it takes to create the finished product you would earn enough to buy the finished product and the purchased product would be better.

Ernie

Go Back to forum