• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds demo

Share/Bookmark

New Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds demo

Hey folks, for those of you who wanted to hear more of Dan Dean\'s Solo Woodwinds, I posted an mp3 demo that has a little more to it than the original demo at the Nemesys site. It\'s a Mozart piece arranged for woodwinds. I used clarinets, oboes, bassoons, bass clarinet, english horn, and contrabassoon. No flutes in this one (I\'ll put up a flute quartet soon). It\'s a little bit primitive and there\'s a couple of spots where it gets congested and starts sounding like an organ, but there\'s a lovely passage in the middle that sits just right, so hopefully you\'ll be able to get a good idea from that of the quality of the samples.

It should be up soon in the demo area and I also posted it at http://www.geocities.com/killerbobjr so help yourself.

Re: New Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds demo

Hey KillerBob,
    I\'d love to hear your demos, but the solo strings demo won\'t play. My media player opens up but tells me \"Windows Media Player Error-Cannot open: Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again\". Still no dice.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 05-11-2001).]

I can\'t get either demo to play.

If you are using Netscape, you can right click and \"save link as.\" I just tried doing that in Explorer and I get an error, probably caused by Geocities\' java code. I\'ll set up another website that\'s more friendly towards mp3 files. In the meantime, try installing Winamp and see if that will solve your problem.

I keep getting \"request site is not available or cannot be found\".

Okay, I\'ve set up a mirror at xxxxxx

I am able to right click \"Save as\" in Netscape and save the MP3 to disk, but not in Explorer, so beware. Let me know if this site works better for you.

[This message has been edited by killerbobjr (edited 05-16-2001).]

Nope. Both sites ask me for a password when I try to download the file in Internet Explorer.

-- Martin

Nice job on the Solo Strings demo Bob! I love the composition. I haven\'t heard the woodwinds demo yet, but I will.
    Is your solo strings demo an original piece? It is very nice.

I can\'t get to the mirror site. I\'m using IE but I can\'t imagine why the site wouldn\'t work with it. Someone would have to go out of their way to make it NOT work with IE.

I\'d like to hear your examples, too, but I\'m having the same trouble accessing the files.

Mahlon

Go Back to forum