• Register
  • Help

Topic: Change default pitch of GWO?

Share/Bookmark

Change default pitch of GWO?

Hey chad....
    In the "fix request" thread you showed another member the opportunity of shifting octaves in the aria player.
    Is there perhaps also the possibility to change the general pitch of the whole library to one octave lower by "mangling" the "tune" parameter to give it a new default?
    As I reported in the fix it-thread I need most instruments (mostly percussion, but not only) pitched one octave lower (pitched, not played, i.e., like a tape recorder at half speed) and perhaps there is a way beyond the "pitchbend" trick told by Randy?

Re: Change default pitch of GWO?

bump........

There are many VST plugins that will accomplish this for audio files. It wouldn't be practical to lower the whole library to play an octave lower than its normal pitch.

Jim

Hey Jim...
    Whether it is practical or not should be my problem. But be shure that I know what I am doing and why.
    Up to now I did not hear of a plugin who can produce the sound of a downpitched sampled instrument with the same quality as if it where directly pitched while I am PLAYING it. Samplitude 11 has a fantastic pitch-timestrech engine, but only for resulting audio files. But I need the effect live! I thought a simple command line could possibly do this for me.

You could try looking into the sfz instrument files for a command that sets the pitch. I don't know of one offhand. You would then need to set this in each of the sfz files. I recommend making a backup of the files before doing this.

Jim

Thank you for the advice. Yes, I did both, but there are only two or so commands for each single program as far as I could see and a bunch of commands for all but nothing concerning the pitch or I did not find it.

Go Back to forum