• Register
  • Help

Topic: 1st track using "Mojo Horn Section"

Share/Bookmark

1st track using "Mojo Horn Section"

I was fooling around with mojo horns and ended up with this:

http://www.nfftrax.nl/trax/-1244807658-noneu2.mp3

Anyone else like this plugin?

I loved the Jabb horns, but as soon as i get the hang of this plugin, i think it might be great to!

Also, if possible, can you guys and galls leave a note on what sounds unnatural in this piece? I dont play any instrument in real life.

sequencer: FL Studio

Re: 1st track using "Mojo Horn Section"

Hi Keys ...

This section of the forum is for music using primarily Garritan libraries. I mention this because you may get more responses to your demo in the general "Listening Area" section.

Since you asked, I really didn't think it sounded anything like a horn section. I didn't hear an identifiable horn sound until the trumpet kick figures around ~0:36. The piece is fine, but all your horns are sounding like an organ or electric piano ... it has nothing to do w/ libraries either.

Did you play the various horn parts in monophonically (a horn line at a time)? They sound more like keyboard chords, and as such, the voicings sound fine ... just not much like a horn section . When the start and end times of horn voicings are lined up exactly, it takes away from the realism .... big time. Try moving them around some/more.

Good luck!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi Keys ...

This section of the forum is for music using primarily Garritan libraries. I mention this because you may get more responses to your demo in the general "Listening Area" section.

Since you asked, I really didn't think it sounded anything like a horn section. I didn't hear an identifiable horn sound until the trumpet kick figures around ~0:36. The piece is fine, but all your horns are sounding like an organ or electric piano ... it has nothing to do w/ libraries either.

Did you play the various horn parts in monophonically (a horn line at a time)? They sound more like keyboard chords, and as such, the voicings sound fine ... just not much like a horn section . When the start and end times of horn voicings are lined up exactly, it takes away from the realism .... big time. Try moving them around some/more.

Good luck!

Frank
    Hehe, i think i never posted anywhere else in this forum then in this topic, but indeed, stupid me.

There s an electric piano (from JABB) playing the same chords that the brass does. That piano also as higher volume, so maybe that can partly explain why the brass does not sound dynamic? Still i hear what you are saying im gonna try to get it more natural sounding.

Are you musically trained Frank? Because, someone told me there is alot of atonality in this piece (i looked up what that ment) and that there are alot of "incorrect notes". Is this true?

Thanks for your time man, appreciated!

I listened to this too and I could barely hear the horns. What I could hear didn't sound particularly good or bad compared to other sample libraries.

This piece is NOT atonal.

Go Back to forum