• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Hymn for Peace ( A Beginning)

Share/Bookmark
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: A Hymn for Peace ( A Beginning)

very nice!

Nice, very stately. It has similarities with typical English hymns/anthems, such as Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory. The orchestration and countermelodies work well. It could be mixed a bit louder and brighter, with perhaps a bit more reverb. Well done. Did you have lyrics in mind when you wrote it?
    Theo

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    Nice, very stately. It has similarities with typical English hymns/anthems, such as Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory. The orchestration and countermelodies work well. It could be mixed a bit louder and brighter, with perhaps a bit more reverb. Well done. Did you have lyrics in mind when you wrote it?
    Thanks. Sorry, but I'm not much for doing lyrics. I try to let my music do the talking...
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Very nice and very moving piece! Very pleasant to listen to. I would concur about the low levels and more dynamics would be great. I have found that mixing is almost as important as the composition. Same as a really great photo that is dark and underexposed with poor contrast. it's true potential is hidden.

Thanks for sharing!

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

I sure liked your A Hymn For Peace.

It did seem to be too quiet at the beginning and then at the repeat the volume is much higher. I was thinking it would work better if the volumes were a little higher from the get go and more bottom end. After the repeat there could be more of a swelling toward the end.

This music has a lot of potential.

Phil

Go Back to forum