• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Authorized Steinway txt file for FInale?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Authorized Steinway txt file for FInale?

is there any way of getting a txt file for the authorized Steinway for use in Finale?
    right now, it's very annoying having to load another instrument, then changing that one for the Steinway.

it would be nice to have the txt file that allows the setup wizard in Finale to recognize the installation of the Steinway.

I don't understand why the GAS doesn't come with this file. Every other Garritan library has it.

Re: Garritan Authorized Steinway txt file for FInale?

Good post, Michel... I've wondered about this myself.

I don't particularly mind manual setup; but it would
    be nice if this could be done straight from the Finale
    wizard.

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I actually made something like this. Sadly, it mysteriously disappeared in a wipe of my library folder. It's not too hard to create by looking at an existing set of instrument definitions like GPO - just tedious.

not to sound too testy, but, we shouldn't HAVE to "make one" ourselves. It should come with the library.

and I shouldn't have to be posting over and over, bumping the topic continuously for weeks on end to get some sort of answer to this query.

re-bump... after nearly a month of purchasing the Steinway, and having to go through needless extraneous steps to load said Steinway in Finale when working on a new file.

where is that txt file?

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    re-bump... after nearly a month of purchasing the Steinway, and having to go through needless extraneous steps to load said Steinway in Finale when working on a new file.

where is that txt file?
    Did you see Jeff Hurchalla's reply to your post in the Authorized Steinway Discussion forum?

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...nway-in-Finale

You may want to PM Jeff on this and see if he's made any progress.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

I would actually appreciate "official" word on this particular discrepancy in Garritan products.

I've just gotten back from NAMM last night. Creating a .txt file which you can use (I expect it should be possible) is high on my list of work today. I'll let you know the results.

any news on this?
    it would be handy if it were made available either on the MakeMusic website or here or on the Garritan website.

You can get the files needed for the Garritan Authorized Steinway to show up in the Finale setup wizard at:
    jeffhurchalla.com/Steinway_finale/Steinway.zip
    There's a readme.txt in there with the instructions on what to do. I expect we'll put it on the main site also, but meanwhile the link above has the complete files.

Go Back to forum