• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Topic: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    I have just finished building what I hope is my dream machine.

    Gigagbyte Mobo GAX 58 UD3
    12 gigs of ram
    SATA drives (500 gigs and 1TB) with mobo connections of 6 Gbps
    GeForce 470 graphics card
    soundcard will be my Onyx 1640 soundcard and mixer connected via firewire
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

    What do I need to do to move ARIA and my GPO4 and JaBB over to my new machine. Do I need to do any uninstall on my old computer or just install on the new computer and use the registration files (hope I can find them) onto my new computer. I am changing from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit system.

    Some of you have gone through this already and I was hoping for some insight.

    Thanks for any help.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  2. #2

    Re: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I have just finished building what I hope is my dream machine.

    Gigagbyte Mobo GAX 58 UD3
    12 gigs of ram
    SATA drives (500 gigs and 1TB) with mobo connections of 6 Gbps
    GeForce 470 graphics card
    soundcard will be my Onyx 1640 soundcard and mixer connected via firewire
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

    What do I need to do to move ARIA and my GPO4 and JaBB over to my new machine. Do I need to do any uninstall on my old computer or just install on the new computer and use the registration files (hope I can find them) onto my new computer. I am changing from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit system.

    Some of you have gone through this already and I was hoping for some insight.

    Thanks for any help.
    Just do a fresh install on your new machine, no need to uninstall on your old one as far as I know. If you still have the ARIA Player_license.png file, copy it over and use it to re-authorize the new ARIA installation. (If you no longer have the .png file, I think you can get a new activation graphic card through the Garritan store.) By the way, the ARIA install will detect your 64-bit system and automatically install both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the ARIA Player, so there's nothing else you'll need to do except -- enjoy!

    Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

  3. #3

    Re: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    Just installed GPO4 and license png worked beautifully. Now my problem is, at the moment, I have no ASIO. My Mixer and soundcard are in for repair (thanks Mackie!!!!! for making faulty power supplies). GPO4 does not work on my computer with just the sound from the mobo AC'97 sound program. Now there is a sound you don't want to hear very often, yuck!

    Oh, and Steve... thanks for the comments. They were very reassuring.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  4. #4

    Re: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    Hi Rich,

    Have you tried using ASIO4ALL as a stop gap until you get your new card back?
    ASIO4ALL

    Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Just installed GPO4 and license png worked beautifully. Now my problem is, at the moment, I have no ASIO. My Mixer and soundcard are in for repair (thanks Mackie!!!!! for making faulty power supplies). GPO4 does not work on my computer with just the sound from the mobo AC'97 sound program. Now there is a sound you don't want to hear very often, yuck!

    Oh, and Steve... thanks for the comments. They were very reassuring.

  5. #5

    Re: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    No, I haven't tried ASIO4ALL. I did try directsound and the sync between tracks is awful. Latency between tracks, I didn't know that happened. Hmmm

    I do have sound out of GPO4 and JaBB though (not exactly like playing together but there).

    I will give ASIO4ALL a try. I am not sure how that will help but hey it beats what I am hearing now. Thanks for the comments and help jdsnyderii.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  6. #6

    Re: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    No, I haven't tried ASIO4ALL. I did try directsound and the sync between tracks is awful. Latency between tracks, I didn't know that happened. Hmmm

    I do have sound out of GPO4 and JaBB though (not exactly like playing together but there).

    I will give ASIO4ALL a try. I am not sure how that will help but hey it beats what I am hearing now. Thanks for the comments and help jdsnyderii.
    ASIO4ALL is an ASIO driver designed to work with most non-ASIO sound cards. I use it with my Turtle Beach Montego DDL, and it works great. Whether or not it works with your card is something you'll have to try for yourself. If it does, you'll notice a dramatic reduction in latency, plus you'll have access to some adjustments you can make through the ASIO control panel.

    Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

  7. #7

    Re: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    Thanks Steve. I did install ASIO4ALL and the latency is no longer an issue. Now the problem is the ARIA player does not work all the time. I have yet to install the latest drivers so I am not yet too concerned about this.

    Last night I had four instruments loaded in ARIA and the first 3 played in Sonar but the 4th one did not, though if I used my mouse and played the piano keys in the ARIA GUI I did hear sounds. There is always something to fix...
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  8. #8
    Senior Member Frank D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Suburban NYC
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    Hey Rich,

    Congrats and good luck w/ the new PC! I'm just about getting mine to purr nicely (i7 - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 Pro 64 - Sonar 8.5). I've been loading up a Sonar template with multiple instances of Aria and mapping a ton of instruments ... so far, so good.

    Sonar-Aria: I had a show-stopping problem until I updated my Aria engine version (which as I understand is now the same as Garritan's Aria rev no.). All my samples were playing back choked once I had loaded in a bunch of instruments. Once I updated ... no more problem!

    I just checked: Latest is still 1.1.1.1 ... make sure you have this Rich! I downloaded mine from ariaengine.com, but I believe you can also get it from the Garritan site as well.

    Good luck and let us know how it goes.

    Regards,

    Frank

  9. #9

    Re: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hey Rich,

    Congrats and good luck w/ the new PC! I'm just about getting mine to purr nicely (i7 - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 Pro 64 - Sonar 8.5). I've been loading up a Sonar template with multiple instances of Aria and mapping a ton of instruments ... so far, so good.

    Sonar-Aria: I had a show-stopping problem until I updated my Aria engine version (which as I understand is now the same as Garritan's Aria rev no.). All my samples were playing back choked once I had loaded in a bunch of instruments. Once I updated ... no more problem!

    I just checked: Latest is still 1.1.1.1 ... make sure you have this Rich! I downloaded mine from ariaengine.com, but I believe you can also get it from the Garritan site as well.

    Good luck and let us know how it goes.

    Regards,

    Frank
    I was about to post on what Frank mentioned. The only thing I would correct is that ariaengine.com gives you an update only for the engine. What you should do is go to the Garritan Store, log in to your account, then go to the Free Downloads page. That will give you a link to download the install that will update both the ARIA engine and the player. However, a word of warning here -- if you download the install through Internet Explorer, you'll see a spurious [1] at the end of the filename. Just replace that with .exe, then you can run the install. (Or just download through Firefox and save yourself that step.)

    Also, while you're on your Garritan account, be sure to go to the Updates page and see if there's an update to the version of GPO4 you installed on your new computer. The current version is 4.02, and that may be newer than your original install.

    By the way, Frank -- Sonar 8.5, yeah baby! My previous DAW was an ancient version of Cubasis limited to 16 channels. On my old computer I could only work with my virtual orchestra one section at a time. Now I'm running 5 instances of ARIA with 54 instruments through Sonar 8.5, and for the first time I can hear the full orchestra with everything playing together! Makes it so much easier to work on symphonic music this way.

    Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

  10. #10

    Re: suggestions for moving GPO4 and JaBB onto New computer

    Okay, on more snag in my setup. I have installed Finale 2010 and its update. This includes the Garritan Instruments for Finale. I want to have both JaBB and GPO4 included too. The problem is that Finale doesn't include them in the list of available instruments. Obviously, I have to copy something into Finale so that JaBB and GPO4 can be found by Finale. The problem is that I am not sure what that is. So, I am asking for a little more help from my friends here at the best forum on the web. Any suggestions?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •