• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strange problem with an Omni patch

Share/Bookmark

Strange problem with an Omni patch

A strange one this:
    I'm writing a track using Cubase 4.52 with:
    Omnisphere, Stylus RMX in kit mode and another instance of RMX in normal mode, Kontakt 3, Trilian & Atmosphere.
    In Omnisphere I have 5 tracks in the mixer, all on their own midi channel and all to outputs B-F.
    No aux effects in use.
    In Cubase there is a track for each instrument.
    However, whatever Cubase track I'm on (Atmosphere, RMX or a Kontakt track for instance), every time I press a key on my keyboard, it triggers the Dusty Wheels 1 patch in Omnisphere!
    I've looked at everything, tried everything, ripped out my hair.....

I haven't proved whether it's the patch itself yet, but has anyone had this sort of problem before?

Any ideas, Gurus?

Neil B
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Re: Strange problem with an Omni patch

I would solo the omni tracks and check out each one individually.
    You should be able to track it down.
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

Is the Dusty Wheels patch one of the 5 Omni patches you're using?
    Check the midi channel of each track in Cubase. Do they conform to the different Omni channels?
    My guess is that you've created 1 midi track in Cubase and then duplicated that track but forgot to change the midi channel and so they're all playing the same patch in Omni.
    Could that be it?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Thanks for the replies but it seems to be much weirder than I first thought.
    All VST synths are set in Cubase to all midi inputs with each properly set to the right instrument and midi channel. No group channels at the moment.
    within the synths themselves, Omni, RMX & Trilian are set to outputs B-H and all on their own midi channels. The RMX in kit mode is set to midi channels 1-8 (using 3 tracks)

In playback of the cubase track everything is fine, the right notes being triggered at the right time.

However, when Cubase is "stationary" ,it doesn't matter which of the Cubase tracks is currently active - if I play a note on the keyboard, it plays:
    The track that I'm on
    Omni channel 3
    Stylus Track 8
    Stylus kit track 3
    the track that I'm on!

Really weird.
    I have checked & it isn't the dusty wheels 1 patch (I changed the patch)
    Very strange indeed.

I can work around it of course with a bit of muting but it is a bit of a puzzle!

Neil
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Ho avuto a problem Quando ho aggiunta simulate a rack Roland Le Mie impostazioni vecchio che nella modalità di funzionano only Omni, è stato inviato i cos a vari dispositivi in programma per cambiare i numeri nella stessa patch, omni cremagliera e un po 'confusing Quando è comandato numeri di cambiare il programma 4 diverse. È stato ad acquistare costretto set-top box channel richiederebbe speciale che e ne a omnidirezionale fann but then I sold it anyway.

James -
    Check your medication
    Neil B

It sounds like you have record enabled on the Cubase track, which means midi input will always be directed to any plugins on that track, even when not selected.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Thanks for that Glenn - I'll check it
    Neil B

Go Back to forum