• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Piano Con 1. 2nd Mve - Quietly Romantic

Share/Bookmark

Smile My Piano Con 1. 2nd Mve - Quietly Romantic

Following my posting, Jan17, of the first, somewhat tumultuous movement of my Piano Concerto 1, I now offer the second movement, a much quieter and reflective piece, I do hope you enjoy !! Feedback welcome, on both pieces. Antony

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9475749

PLEASE VISIT MY SITE TO HEAR MORE OF MY MUSIC

www.flatfourmusicstore.co.uk

Re: My Piano Con 1. 2nd Mve - Quietly Romantic

It has some lovely parts, reminiscent of the Romantic Russians, especially in the piano solos. The orchestra is a bit tame in comparison; it seems dedicated to accompanying the soloist. In a typical Romantic concerto, an orchestra sometimes completely overpowers the piano in a lyrical outburst. However, it does play some nice harmonies and textures. I missed the first movement (I'm missing a lot in the Listening Room lately), but I'll try to make up for that later.
    Theo

Re: My Piano Con 1. 2nd Mve - Quietly Romantic

Hello Theo
    I am very pleased that you enjoyed the 2nd movement and I should add that you "missing a lot in the Listening Room lately" is clearly also the "Listening Room's" loss.

About .".it (the orchestra) seems dedicated to accompanying the soloist"....This was not my intention.

After the often turbulent first movement, my intention was to write a much quieter, slow second movement, in the form of a converstion piece between two fairly equally matched 'voices'. One speaks, then the other, sometimes they both speak at the same time.

I do hope that you will be able to listen to the first movement ( on page 2, at present) and I should be pleased to hear what you think of this much more 'confrontational' piece.

My next 'Thread' will be the third movement. Thank you, once again, for the feedback.
    Antony

Go Back to forum