• Register
  • Help

Topic: MIDI control of volume in Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

MIDI control of volume in Omnisphere (solved)

Hi,

maybe a silly question, but I`d like to control the volume of a part of Omni in the mixer page by MIDI CC(7). This works so far. But when I change the MIDI-chanel of this part, the volume is still controlled by CC7 on the old MIDI-chanel (f.e. the first fader always reacts on CC7 on MIDI-channel 1).

My question: is there a possibility (besides remapping by MIDI-learn) to "hard-wire" the MIDI-chanel of the part to the receive-channel of the corresponding volume fader?

Thanks and regards, humphrey
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P.S.: meanwhile I found a way to solve this problem by using mapping in my host.

regards, humphrey
    Last edited by humphrey; 01-22-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: problem solved
    C5, Forte, Cantabile, Komplete 7, OP-X Pro-II, KORE2, EOS, Halion 3, HSO, FM7, B4, VB3, Sylenth1, virt. Guit., Minimoog V, Stylus RMX exp, Omnisphere, Vista Home Premium 64, Q6600, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, 8GB RAM Mushkin, 4 Samsung Harddisks / 1,5 TByte, RME Hammerfall DSP with Multiface, Motu Midi Express 128, NI Kore 2, Motif ES7, Fantom XR, Wavestation SR, Plugiator, TC M-One XL, ADA8000

Re: MIDI control of volume in Omnisphere

I just went through this with Spectrasonics. You must manually give cc7 (vol), and CC10 (Pan) in the corresponding sliders and controls Mixer using a variety of methods. Midi learn through the context menu (Ctrl-click the slider or knob) is the easiest IMO.

Hi,

thanks for replying. The MIDI-learn is clear to me. I think the problem was more inside my head than inside Omni.

kind regards, humphrey
    C5, Forte, Cantabile, Komplete 7, OP-X Pro-II, KORE2, EOS, Halion 3, HSO, FM7, B4, VB3, Sylenth1, virt. Guit., Minimoog V, Stylus RMX exp, Omnisphere, Vista Home Premium 64, Q6600, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, 8GB RAM Mushkin, 4 Samsung Harddisks / 1,5 TByte, RME Hammerfall DSP with Multiface, Motu Midi Express 128, NI Kore 2, Motif ES7, Fantom XR, Wavestation SR, Plugiator, TC M-One XL, ADA8000

Some hosts assume CC7 is addressed to the track channel strip, and intercept it before it goes to the plugin. That sounds like the case here.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Go Back to forum