• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Garritan World Library -- Rather mind-boggling!

Share/Bookmark

Garritan World Library -- Rather mind-boggling!

In all honesty I was perusing the extensive instrument list before I saw much other information, and I honestly thought, "This is going to cost $500." Then to see it for essentially $150! I guess digital delivery does lower costs but still...and I am guessing it integrates seamlessly with GPO, etc?

Re: Garritan World Library -- Rather mind-boggling!

"This is going to cost $500." Then to see it for essentially $150!"
    Yes it's quite a fantastic deal when you look at all of the individually sampled/recorded instruments included.

"and I am guessing it integrates seamlessly with GPO, etc?"
    Both libraries (GPO4) run on the ARIA player if that's what you mean?

You can have a single instance of ARIA with instruments loaded from each library across the 1-16 instrument slots. Both work together well in that regard.

I've had it for a few months now, and still haven't tried every instrument.
    I'm trying to give each and every patch a good try. There are some amazing sounds which respond to wind controllers just perfectly. What dynamics!

I also really value the ability to control MANY subtle nuances by cc#.

Hi! This is my first post on this forum.

I'm really looking forward to getting the new World Library, the DVD version.
    Any idea when it will be released and the possible price?

Out of interest, how big is the digital download?

I have used GPO Sibelius Edition for a few years now and want to add some world instruments. I listened to the demos and they sound great.

Many thanks
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

The download size is about 951 MB. It took about 16 minutes to download. I had absolutely no problems with the download, so I feel much more comfortable with this way now.

The authorization scheme is, (IMHO) one of the most user friendly currently in use too.

Quote Originally Posted by Martygras View Post
    The download size is about 951 MB. It took about 16 minutes to download. I had absolutely no problems with the download, so I feel much more comfortable with this way now.

The authorization scheme is, (IMHO) one of the most user friendly currently in use too.
    Thanks Martygras,

The download size is smaller than I expected which is good news if I get impatient waiting
    for the DVD version. Thanks again.
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

I love finding enthusiastic threads like this one - the World Library really is something to enthuse about. During a burst of activity towards the end of 2010, I had a fabulous time working with quite a few different instruments in World to come up with demos for the Library.

Everyone is very fortunate that the cost has been kept down - As you said, Matolen--all This for only $150?!?! It's a superb value.

You see what Chad means in his response, Matolen? All of the Garritan Libraries, GPO, JABB, Concert and Marching Band, The Steinway and World use the Aria sample player. In one instance of Aria you can pull up instruments from any and all Garritan Libraries you have. It's so inspiring to have all those instruments instantly available in the one easy step of inserting Aria into your recording or notation program.

Yjoh - I encourage you to go ahead and get World so you can start enjoying it. The package is very well compressed, so the download size isn't unwieldy, as Martygras said in his reply.

I enjoy looking over at a shelf and seeing the hard cases for all my Garritan Instruments, with their discs inside - but now that Libraries like this can be available as downloads, the hard copies are something I'm willing to forgo, since it doesn't make any difference in the sound or usability of the instruments. So - go for it!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I love finding enthusiastic threads like this one - the World Library really is something to enthuse about. During a burst of activity towards the end of 2010, I had a fabulous time working with quite a few different instruments in World to come up with demos for the Library.

Everyone is very fortunate that the cost has been kept down - As you said, Matolen--all This for only $150?!?! It's a superb value.

You see what Chad means in his response, Matolen? All of the Garritan Libraries, GPO, JABB, Concert and Marching Band, The Steinway and World use the Aria sample player. In one instance of Aria you can pull up instruments from any and all Garritan Libraries you have. It's so inspiring to have all those instruments instantly available in the one easy step of inserting Aria into your recording or notation program.

Yjoh - I encourage you to go ahead and get World so you can start enjoying it. The package is very well compressed, so the download size isn't unwieldy, as Martygras said in his reply.

I enjoy looking over at a shelf and seeing the hard cases for all my Garritan Instruments, with their discs inside - but now that Libraries like this can be available as downloads, the hard copies are something I'm willing to forgo, since it doesn't make any difference in the sound or usability of the instruments. So - go for it!

Randy
    Thanks for all the info about the download. I'll still hold out for the DVD version as I like having a hard copy backup disk and a manual to study rather than a PDF that I would have to access at the computer or print out.

I listened to all the demos, they were all great and they really sell the programme. Hearing the samples used in actual pieces is a definite plus! It's going to be a lot of fun.

Thanks again
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Quote Originally Posted by yjoh View Post
    Thanks for all the info about the download. I'll still hold out for the DVD version as I like having a hard copy backup disk and a manual to study rather than a PDF...
    OK, Yjoh - I do understand the appeal of having hard copies, I just made the adjustment transition to downloadables awhile back and it's working for me since you can still easily make your own backup discs.

But - Actually, I thought the DVDs of World were already available--? I'll check on the status of that.

Randy

Wow!! Just went crazy and bought myself my birthday present!! both the World instruments and the JABB 3 libraries... (Still checking them... so much to play around with)

Now I wish I had the time and the musical ideas to fully take advantage of these two!

Great!
    José Miguel Serrano
    Keol

Go Back to forum