• Register
  • Help

Topic: Questions about Sounds Demo in NAMM11 SonicState video

Share/Bookmark

Questions about Sounds Demo in NAMM11 SonicState video

In the NAMM11 sonicstate video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXIA8Njg8V8

Between 2:00-2:24 Eric demonstrates some of the sounds by playing a Really Cool jazzy tune. Is this JUST Omnisphere being played live with no backing tracks? I want to think that it is possible with some creative setup and I find it absolutely amazing.

In due time, would it be possible to get some "behind the scenes" of the setup involved to produce this demo that sounds this complex? I'm hearing at Least five separate events going on, some are repeating but at 2:04 one guitar lick only happens once. It looks like his fingers are in the right place to cause the arpeggiator to trigger this event but not sure how it could be timed so perfectly.

I could spend weeks trying work backwards to reproduce the things going on in this demo, and may never really get there, but it would be a major learning experience to see a master sound designer give us a "behind the scenes" demo of how he set this up.

Kind regards,
    Rick

Re: Questions about Sounds Demo in NAMM11 SonicState video

Yes, just one instance of Omnisphere was used. You can see that he had about 5 patches selected in his live setup at about 2:21. Isn't this stuff awesome!

Here is my version of Eric's behind the scenese for this.
    1) create multi with all 8 slots loaded with sounds
    2) select a bunch of sounds at once
    3) press fingers on keyboard
    4) wow everyone
    5) rinse and repeat

Glad you liked it. :-)

Yeah....no backing tracks at all. it's pretty much just me improvising with a few of the new patches in Live Mode and the trigger mode set to next beat for the Arp patches so they syncronize with each other. The part you liked has a bit crushed Rhodes layered with a couple of different arpeggiated patches.

It's actually not that complicated to do at all.

Thank You for the answers and the Great performance.

The part about setting the arps to trigger on Next Beat turned a light bulb on but I need time to digest everything you said.

Around 2:22 it looks like you select the really cool modeled type sound only but it also sounds like some of the arp patches, that were de-selected, played one more time or completed. Am I just seeing/hearing things again. (I really have been taking my medication as directed...)

Kind regards,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rtucker55 View Post
    Around 2:22 it looks like you select the really cool modeled type sound only but it also sounds like some of the arp patches, that were de-selected, played one more time or completed. Am I just seeing/hearing things again.
    Never mind, they must have been latched and I just could not see it...

I am hopeful that an HD version of the NAMM11 demo will show up one day!

Thanks again,
    Rick

Go Back to forum