• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: QLB

Share/Bookmark

QLB

i am going to be forking out for Quantum leap brass soon, but what i really want to know is.... IS IT WORTH IT!!

Now we have all heard the hype about QLB, but i listened to the much hyped Miroslav library demo, and i was not impressed, there is NO way i would spend 3 grand on that library. It doesn\'t sound very realistic.

Does QLB give me super-realistic brass? Can it be used to create orchestral brass that could fool me into thinking that it is real?

how does it handle fast passages? and slow?

I am very picky about this sort of thing, for instance, that french horn demo that come with Gigastudio.... didn\'t impress me.

400 quid is a lot of money for me, but i am willing to pay that if i can get some excellent brass.

Thanks in advance,

James

------------------
    www.mp3.com/jamesmcwilliams

Re: QLB

James,

If you are really as partiular as all that, do not buy QLB. I own the collection, and the only articulations that sound realistic are the stacco sounds. The sustains are poor in quality, they sound very artifical.

I would suggest waiting for the Dan Dean solo brass.

Wasn\'t the Fernch Horn demo taht came with Giga from the defunkt Jijee\'s Horns?

Anyhow, you asked if its worth it, and at this present point in time it is if you\'re looking for Horns. The Staccotos are excellent and after a bit of tweaking in the editor I like the sustains. I really wish the programming came with good crossfading velocities (hint hint).

At this moment there isn\'t a brass Library that sounds as good for all around brass. To me it was worth it, it may not be to you.

I\'m anxious to hear/ool with DD solo brass, but I can\'t/wont comment until I mes with it or hear a demo that focuses on it.

As for Misoslav, it may have been worth the price when it came out, but I really don\'t think Its worth the money nowadays.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

I posted a demo in the user demos section of this site. It is a compilation of trailers I have scored over the past year. All the brass is QLB. The demo lacks slow subtle sections. Sorry, trailers are like that. Also, the excellent sustained solo trumpet is missing from the demo. Basically, if you are looking for subtle slow brass, QLB is not so great. But for dynamic, ff brass it\'s pretty good. The demo should be up by tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by esperlad:
    James,

If you are really as partiular as all that, do not buy QLB. I own the collection, and the only articulations that sound realistic are the stacco sounds. The sustains are poor in quality, they sound very artifical.

I would suggest waiting for the Dan Dean solo brass.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bugger! I was really looking forward to getting it too.

I requested a demo CD, but i\'ve yet to recieve it. I\'ll check out the demo, Nick.

------------------
    www.mp3.com/jamesmcwilliams

I have the QLB and Vitous Brass, I like QLB best. QlB has great trombones and tuba samples.

The only thing that is better in Vitous\' library is the trumpets and french horns.

We should have some demos of the new DD Solo Brass Collection within the next few weeks. I don\'t want to post too preliminarily, since it sets up a buzz that gets lost by the actual release date. We have 6 of the 8 instruments programmed and I\'ll be working on them in the next weeks to fine tune them. When I figure out an approximate release date, we\'ll start posting mp3\'s. I will say that these brass are extremely realistic and incorporate a host of cutting edge programming features.

Dan Dean

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dandean:
    We should have some demos of the new DD Solo Brass Collection within the next few weeks. I don\'t want to post too preliminarily, since it sets up a buzz that gets lost by the actual release date. We have 6 of the 8 instruments programmed and I\'ll be working on them in the next weeks to fine tune them. When I figure out an approximate release date, we\'ll start posting mp3\'s. I will say that these brass are extremely realistic and incorporate a host of cutting edge programming features.

Dan Dean
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent, what sort of price range will this library be?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jamesmcwilliams:
    Excellent, what sort of price range will this library be?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on the number of disks that the 8 instruments wind up on. Right now, I can\'t tell you because I don\'t know. I\'d guess that they will sell for (and this is only a guess, so don\'t quote me) approximately $649. for the set and I don\'t know about individual instruments yet. I\'ll try and price the individual instruments in the same percentage range as the Solo Woodwinds. You\'ll be able to purchase separate instruments or save when you buy the set.

Sorry to be sketchy, I just don\'t know what the fianl outcome is at this early point. I will tell you that these sound fantastic.

DD

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dandean:
    It depends on the number of disks that the 8 instruments wind up on. Right now, I can\'t tell you because I don\'t know. I\'d guess that they will sell for (and this is only a guess, so don\'t quote me) approximately $649. for the set and I don\'t know about individual instruments yet. I\'ll try and price the individual instruments in the same percentage range as the Solo Woodwinds. You\'ll be able to purchase separate instruments or save when you buy the set.

Sorry to be sketchy, I just don\'t know what the fianl outcome is at this early point. I will tell you that these sound fantastic.

DD
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what i like to hear!

And of course you have a nice french horn in there??

Go Back to forum