• Register
  • Help

Topic: Happy Chinese New Year

Share/Bookmark

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year, everybody!

Chinese New Year is the most important festival in Chinese culture. From now until January 23, 2012, it is the Year of the Golden Rabbit (with the Year of the Tiger just ended, and the Year of the Dragon next year). The celebration of the new year is a 15-day affair, so grab your red lanterns, banners and fireworks and party like its wabbit season!

The Rabbit is a lucky sign. According to Chinese tradition, the Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves.

After the last few years, I certainly hope this year is one that is more calming!

Gary

Re: Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year!!!! Karen and I celebrated last night by going to our favorite Chinese restaurant in Milwaukee. Great place!!!

To a New Year filled with calm, peace and hope, Gary!!!

'

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

It's the YEAR OF THE SNORLAX throughout the entire world!!!! SNORLAX...Transcending mere artificial boundaries of nationality, geography, and language!!
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    It's the YEAR OF THE SNORLAX throughout the entire world!!!! SNORLAX...Transcending mere artificial boundaries of nationality, geography, and language!!

ATTENTION WORLD: THE PREVIOUS PHOTO IS NOT THE SNORLAX WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE...(photo is probably better-looking than I am) I DESPISE WATER AND CAN'T SWIM. No swimming pools where I grew up. We just opened the fire hydrant up. Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Hey! Where'd you get my picture?! That's not Snorlax!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Go Back to forum