• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: happy me

Share/Bookmark

happy me

I'm very happy.
    An absolutely wonderful young clarinetist in Montreal wants to perform my Clarinet Sonata this spring.

It's a tremendous honour. This young man is an absolute virtuoso, and an incredibly expressive performer. I KNOW he will do more than justice to my piece.

Happily, I've fiddled around with the sonata a bit over the last year, and tightened the structure a bit. I've been having fun listening to it played using the GPO solo clarinet and the GAS (basic). So hopefully, before summer rolls around, I'll have a real live recording of the sonata that I can be proud of.

This means that within a month or so of each other, I will be getting two performances of works of mine: the Clarinet Sonata, and the Divertimento for 3 Trombones and Orchestra (getting its premiere on the west coast om June).

Re: happy me

Well, it sounds like a very good reason to be happy. If it were me, I would be ecstatic!

Richard

Congratulations Michel, Another great achievement for you.

Great reason to be ecstatic!

Thanks for sharing

Congratulations, Michel!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!
    /bow bow bow

To be perfectly frank, I was starting to get a bit discouraged.
    I've been finding it difficult to get my music out there.
    The "establishment" prefers music that is more "modern" than what I write, and at the same time, I've have the misfortune (in a sense) of personally only meeting musicians who find my music too modern!

Ah! the contradiction!

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    I'm very happy.
    An absolutely wonderful young clarinetist in Montreal wants to perform my Clarinet Sonata this spring.
    Great!

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    I'm very happy.
    This means that within a month or so of each other, I will be getting two performances of works of mine: the Clarinet Sonata, and the Divertimento for 3 Trombones and Orchestra (getting its premiere on the west coast om June).
    The west coast is a pretty big place. Where is the Divertimento performance going to be? If it's in or near Seattle I might be able to get to it.

Pat

That's positively cosmic news...Congratulations, Michel!! Maybe you'll become one of those "overnight successes" after working so hard for so long!!
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

thank-you Jim.. though, it won't FEEL "over night" to me! LOL

Pat, it will be in British Columbia, in Chilliwack.

Darn. Close, but not close enough. Oh well. Good luck for both performances.

Pat

WOW! Great news there Michael!

I hope that everything in your life is getting better!

I'll also e-mail you in a little while (since I HAVE to get my kids to school, etc... You know the drill with my life )

But congratulations there mate! I wish you all the best!

Go Back to forum