• Register
  • Help

Topic: Odd Garritan Folder with .data files on desktop

Share/Bookmark

Odd Garritan Folder with .data files on desktop

Hi; I've been using gpo4 for a little over a week. One day I noticed a folder appeared on my desktop called 'sampledata' which contains solo strings with files like 'guarvlnpizzA3.data' but I can't find any similar folders in my aria or gpo folders. Does anyone know where this folder belongs? thanks.

Re: Odd Garritan Folder with .data files on desktop

Quote Originally Posted by vathek View Post
    Hi; I've been using gpo4 for a little over a week. One day I noticed a folder appeared on my desktop called 'sampledata' which contains solo strings with files like 'guarvlnpizzA3.data' but I can't find any similar folders in my aria or gpo folders. Does anyone know where this folder belongs? thanks.
    I use GPO4 myself, and I just did a hard drive scan for the folder and filename you referred to. The search came up empty, so I don't know what program the .data files might be associated with. It sounds almost like something that might be generated by a DAW when you create a project. This is only speculation on my part because I use Sonar 8.5, which doesn't generate .data files.

One thing you can try is right-click on the sampledata folder, then select Properties. In the Properties window, look at Location. The name of the program generating the folder should appear in the directory path.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Re: Odd Garritan Folder with .data files on desktop

Hi,

Those are the compressed samples, a remnant from the installer download. During install, ARIA unpackages them into .audio wave samples and sfzs. You can delete it if you like.

Reegs

Go Back to forum