• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria won't open

Share/Bookmark

Aria won't open

Hello there,

I have a Mac. I recently purchased GPO 4. I think it is great. I used it quite successfully for about a week, both as standalone application (using Aria) and as a plug-in through Logic Pro 8.0.2.

It has stopped working. It doesn't load as a standalone anymore and when I open Logic, this error message comes up.

"An error has occurred with an installed Audio Unit plug-in.
    Logic Pro has unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit 'Aria Player' by 'Garritan'. This plug-in may require an update.'

Logic Audio Unit manager can see it but describes it as having a 'crashed validation'.

I have tried re-installing with the most recent versions, but to no avail. I tried Generating Logs, but Aria Reporter crashed, with an error reading

'The command terminated due to receipt of a signal'

I really liked it during the brief period I was able to use it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Ben

Re: Aria won't open

Quote Originally Posted by benshorten View Post
    Hello there,

I have a Mac. I recently purchased GPO 4. I think it is great. I used it quite successfully for about a week, both as standalone application (using Aria) and as a plug-in through Logic Pro 8.0.2.

It has stopped working. It doesn't load as a standalone anymore and when I open Logic, this error message comes up.

"An error has occurred with an installed Audio Unit plug-in.
    Logic Pro has unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit 'Aria Player' by 'Garritan'. This plug-in may require an update.'

Logic Audio Unit manager can see it but describes it as having a 'crashed validation'.

I have tried re-installing with the most recent versions, but to no avail. I tried Generating Logs, but Aria Reporter crashed, with an error reading

'The command terminated due to receipt of a signal'

I really liked it during the brief period I was able to use it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Ben
    Unfortunately, I'm not a Mac user, so the extent of my advice can be at best very limited. However, perhaps the following might help:

1. Completely uninstall GPO4 and ARIA, then reboot your computer. If a program starts misbehaving, simply reinstalling it may not fix the problem. If you uninstall and reboot, this flushes out your system, removing any of the program's elements that may have gone corrupt. Now you can do a fresh reinstall.

2. Reinstall GPO4 and ARIA from your original installation first. Then install the updates. When you said that you tried re-installing with the most recent versions, I assume that you were referring to the install for the latest version of ARIA, which is 1.111. If so, I wanted to alert you to a common mistake of updating the ARIA engine, but not the player itself. You really need to update both. To do this, go to the Garritan Store, log in to your account, then go to the Free Downloads page. There you'll find a link to the Mac install for the full ARIA 1.111 update.

3. Re-authorize your fresh reinstall with the activation key card you used for the first install.

If you have tried all of the above, and ARIA still isn't working, the problems are deeper, and this would take a fellow Mac person to try and help you further. If you haven't already done so, you may also want to send an e-mail to support@garritan.biz.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Ben,

PM'd you
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thank you both for your advice.

Good news! It's back working. Although I'm not fully sure how. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled, but it still didn't work. So I uninstalled again and this time rebooted in Safe Mode. That seemed to do the trick. Reinstalled again and it worked!

Seems to have been a problem with my computer rather than the software, but it's better now and that's what counts. Thanks again.

Ben

Go Back to forum