• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another Newbie Question

Share/Bookmark

Question Another Newbie Question

I'm now successfully using the proper vst (aria-multi, thanks Steve!) I'm routing separate instruments to individual mixer inputs in FL Studio. Fine. The ARIA 'effects' output seems to always come out of the first or default output. Can the effects output be routed? My workaround is just to not map an instrument to output 1/2 as that will have all the effects/re-verb from all instruments.

Re: Another Newbie Question

Quote Originally Posted by wallykissel View Post
    I'm now successfully using the proper vst (aria-multi, thanks Steve!) I'm routing separate instruments to individual mixer inputs in FL Studio. Fine. The ARIA 'effects' output seems to always come out of the first or default output. Can the effects output be routed? My workaround is just to not map an instrument to output 1/2 as that will have all the effects/re-verb from all instruments.
    Glad I could help out on the ARIA player Multi issue. I should be able to help with this question also, but I need to know if you're using ARIA's Ambience reverb, or an externally sourced reverb (this would be either whatever reverb comes with FL Studio, or a VST reverb plug-in such as Altiverb, Origami, etc.). Let me know, and I'll post an answer to you over the weekend.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Johnson View Post
    Glad I could help out on the ARIA player Multi issue. I should be able to help with this question also, but I need to know if you're using ARIA's Ambience reverb, or an externally sourced reverb (this would be either whatever reverb comes with FL Studio, or a VST reverb plug-in such as Altiverb, Origami, etc.). Let me know, and I'll post an answer to you over the weekend.

Steve
    Sorry about the delay.... That would be 'ARIA's Ambience Reverb', as any 'send' amount in the ARIA mixer goes to the first or default stereo pair. Again, I have a workaround, just curious if there's something else I'm missing. Thanks. - Wally

Hi Wally,

You're using it right! Ambience reverb is always routed to the first stereo output pair. So your workaround in in fact the best way to control the wet level in ARIA. That's got to be in the manual somewhere but I'm not sure...

Cheers
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by wallykissel View Post
    Sorry about the delay.... That would be 'ARIA's Ambience Reverb', as any 'send' amount in the ARIA mixer goes to the first or default stereo pair. Again, I have a workaround, just curious if there's something else I'm missing. Thanks. - Wally
    Hi Wally,

What Eric said. However, you can assign different effects send levels to each instrument in ARIA's mixer panel (the send knob is right above the MIDI channel volume slider). For example you could have the instrument on MIDI channel 1 set to an effects send of 75%, channel 2 set to 100%, etc. By having all the outputs set to 1/2, what this does is control the amount of mix between the "dry" signal coming from the samples themselves and the reverb output by Ambience. At 0% send the sound is completely dry (no reverb), and 100% is of course maximum reverb. If you have different effects send levels set for each instrument in the mixer panel, you will hear those different levels on playback.

Another forum member was asking about how to use Ambience and Stereo Stage, so I posted a couple of tutorials that he and another member seemed to find useful. You may want to check this out:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...question/page2

My tutorial posts are #13 and #20. Read them when you have a chance, and perhaps you'll find them useful as well.

Edit -- I just added a post that addresses the issue of MIDI channels vs. stereo outputs. Go here, and read post #27.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Go Back to forum