• Register
  • Help

Topic: Happy Valentines Day!

Orcas Island

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's that day dedicated to lovers! Here are some Valentine Day suggestions:
    - List to some love music at the collaborative 12-hour Valentine's Day Playlist at YouTube.

- Breakfast in bed.

- Make your sweetheart's favorite meal or take your sweetheart out for a special dinner.

- Send your valentine flowers at work. If you are on a tight budget, give just one single hand-delivered flower. Remember, it's the thought, not the quantity.

- Do something unexpected! Drive across town to take your Valentine out for lunch.

- Send a gift basket of indulgent items.

- Embroider "I Love You" on your lover's pillowcase. You could also use a water resistant marker.

- Poetry is traditional for Valentine's Day. Make up a poem or buy a book of love poems that you can read to your Valentine.

- Dedicate a favorite song to your Valentine on a radio show that he or she will be listening to.

- Write "I Love You" in lipstick or shaving cream on the mirror. You could also tape a heart with the words"I Love You" if you prefer an easier clean up.

- Carry a pocketful of chocolate kisses. Give one to your sweetheart every now and then and them "I Love You."
    and of finally:
    - Write a love song for your sweetheart.
    For Valentine's Day, I took Marianne out to breakfast and hired a local barbershop quartet to sing a few love songs to her. Helped some musicians and she thought it was swell.

What did you do?

Happy Valentine's Day!

NW Illinois

Re: Happy Valentines Day!

It's been a glorious day! My wife and I have been together since we were teenagers. Today was or 40th Valentine's Day together.

Over the past month, I went through our old photos and scanned a lot of these into the computer. I used iMovie and made a video scrapbook of these memories, I wrote a string arrangement of "My Funny Valentine" to accompany it.

She loved it. This is one of my favorite days of the year.

Go Back to forum