• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trillian Acoustic Bass (Full Range) acting clunky

Share/Bookmark

Trillian Acoustic Bass (Full Range) acting clunky

I've just installed the latest software and patch updates to Trillian after upgrading to Snow Leopard and DP 7.21. Due to weirdness I never got to the bottom of, I had to wipe my HD clean before installing all of the above, so machine is running as optimally as it can, with all the latest of everything. However, the Trillian Full Range acoustic bass is acting clunky - high velocities are yielding strange step-wise jumps in pitch, notes are occasionally hanging on, etc. There's none of those lovely glisses that high velocities produced back when everything was working fine on Tiger (10.4.11), DP 5.12 and the original version of Trillian. Yes, it's "just" a dual-core (2.66 x 2) Mac Pro, but it's got 10 GB of RAM and I'm not even recording yet or loading up instances of anything but Trillian, just to see if the install is working.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? If I choose just the glissando patch, it works fine, by the way.

-david

Re: Trillian Acoustic Bass (Full Range) acting clunky

Quote Originally Posted by dhamburger View Post
    I've just installed the latest software and patch updates to Trillian after upgrading to Snow Leopard and DP 7.21. Due to weirdness I never got to the bottom of, I had to wipe my HD clean before installing all of the above, so machine is running as optimally as it can, with all the latest of everything. However, the Trillian Full Range acoustic bass is acting clunky - high velocities are yielding strange step-wise jumps in pitch, notes are occasionally hanging on, etc. There's none of those lovely glisses that high velocities produced back when everything was working fine on Tiger (10.4.11), DP 5.12 and the original version of Trillian. Yes, it's "just" a dual-core (2.66 x 2) Mac Pro, but it's got 10 GB of RAM and I'm not even recording yet or loading up instances of anything but Trillian, just to see if the install is working.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? If I choose just the glissando patch, it works fine, by the way.

-david
    Just a thought -- have you tried adjusting Logic's I/O buffer?

Go Back to forum