• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't get Atmosphere to show up in Garageband 11

Share/Bookmark

Can't get Atmosphere to show up in Garageband 11

Just got a new Macbook Pro (i5 4 gig ram)...It's my first Mac so this is all new to me....I updated the OS so it's up to date...I did manage to get Stylus RMX up and running in GarageBand11 but I'm having problems with Atmosphere....I downloaded the OSX joiner and successfully loaded my discs and I successfully loaded the Atmosphere AU 1.2.4 Updater but it still doesn't show up in GB11....I reread the directions and don't see what I'm overlooking....I tried copying the MAS plugin into different folders but that didn't work either....Any ideas?....Thanks....moon

Re: Can't get Atmosphere to show up in Garageband 11

I use Logic and just loaded Omni into my MacPro and it's a "no-show" too. Are you running Snow Leopard? Spectra website acknowledges this problem and describes a workaround. It involves downloading an update. I've been waiting for 1.5 to try it.
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio View Post
    I use Logic and just loaded Omni into my MacPro and it's a "no-show" too. Are you running Snow Leopard? Spectra website acknowledges this problem and describes a workaround. It involves downloading an update. I've been waiting for 1.5 to try it.
    JP
    I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I can assure you there is no such problem with Logic and Omnisphere.

Atmosphere is a discontinued product, so you should expect that it will not work with the latest versions of hosts and operating systems. It has been replaced by Omnisphere.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I can assure you there is no such problem with Logic and Omnisphere.

Atmosphere is a discontinued product, so you should expect that it will not work with the latest versions of hosts and operating systems. It has been replaced by Omnisphere.
    Actually I DIDN'T expect it because I tried RMX first and it did work... Everything I downloaded for Atmosphere said OSX....As I mentioned, Macs are new to me so I thought OSX version mean't it would work for me....Yes, it is Snow Leopard (whatever that means) so I guess that's the thing that isn't supported anymore?...I'm going through all the software on my shelf figuring out what will work and what won't so I guess Atmosphere will go in the trash since it's useless to me now....Thanks for clarifying this so I won't still be sitting here racking my brain trying to figure out why it won't work....moon

before you trash atmosphere you should consider to upgrade to Omnisphere.
    For a fraction of the price you will get everything Atmosphere had to offer and a whole lot more (like 10 times the sample lib and superpowerful synthfeatures).
    And it runs perfectly smooth on Snow Leo and Intelmacs.

Thanks Hans....I thought about it but I have too much money going out for other things right now...I'm basically upgrading everything to be more up to date and portable...I just upgraded to Logic Pro 9 and I want to finish off some upgrades on my V-drum kit for triggering the drums into it so I just don't have the funds right now...I'm not sure how much I'd use Omnisphere to be honest...I would have loaded Atmosphere in though since I had it on hand already....No big deal....I forgot about the upgrade pricing so I should definitely sit it back on the shelf in case I decide to upgrade at a later time....Thanks again for the info....moon

Go Back to forum