1. I'm told that programs like Sibelius and Finale are not substitutes for real DAWs. Is that true?
2. I need a score-writer and sequencer. I'm told that Cubase 6 is the best choice, are there any other programs/combinations that cost less?
3. I don't know how VST works, it seems that certain software only supports specific libraries. Like Garritan Personal Orchestra only lists a few partner softwares on their site.
4. I have a few AKAI CDs of audio samples. What can I do to import them to my library?
5. I have a few "sound libraries" that comprise largely of raw WAV files. Can they be used as VST libraries as well?
6. What's the simplest way to add expressions to your music? Cubase's Note Expression feature is exclusive to the new VST 3.5. Do libraries have to be of VST 3.5 compatibility or just the players?
6b) If VST 3.5 is not an option for my old sample libraries, then is there any other program that have equivalents to the Note Expression feature?
7. For the libraries that exist in multiple formats, like AKAI and WAV, are the akai files converted from the wavs or the other way around? Some wav files sound hissy.