• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Adding JABB to GPO question

Share/Bookmark

Adding JABB to GPO question

Howdy -

I purchased GPO a short while back, just now I purchased JABB. Question - do I need to go thru the whole install process w/JABB, or can I simply move the Samples folder into the currently designated "Garritan" source folder I previously designated? I mean, I already have Aria up and running, can the new sample set simply be added to the existing, or is there more info involved w/a full "install" procedure??

Thanks mucho -

Ric

Re: Adding JABB to GPO question

Hi, Ric - Congratulations on getting these Garritan Libraries, and thanks for posting.

Just go through the usual installation steps - It involves a whole new group of samples of course, separate from GPO. But the installer will detect your previous GPO installation, and place everything where it's needed. There shouldn't be any dragging of files involved.

The Aria player that comes with your JABB may be a newer version that what you have for GPO, so let the installer decide if that needs to be updated.

Then to use the Libraries in combination is very easy - Just open an instance of Aria in your host program, and start loading instruments, with JABB and GPO instruments residing side-by-side in the same Aria instance, if that's what you need for a piece.

Randy

Thanks Randy - very much appreciate the quick replay, I'm eager to get started

Another quick question - I recently did a major overhaul of my DAW's organization, prepping for new DAW software, GPO, etc. In hindsight, I'd like to rename the samples folder for Garritan/JABB, but see no "point to" utility within the player. If I simply rename the folder, will the software ask me for the new location on the next startup??

Thanks -

Ric

Hiya, Ric - Sounds like you're getting set up to have some serious fun with your music - super!

The Garritan Libraries are installed in a very logical and tidy way. Program Files>Garritan>Jazz and Big Band3 and >Personal Orchestra 4. When you add more Libraries, you'll then also have in the master Garritan folder "Concert and Marching Band 2," "Steinway," and "World Instruments." Each library logically labeled, and in that master folder.

I don't believe there is a way to re-direct Aria to where those folders are. So, don't re-name the folders. You may have a plan that seems logical to you at the moment, but re-naming doesn't serve any purpose - and will disconnect Aria from the folders--so.---

Randy

Hi Randy -

Just to confirm your thoughts -

I ALWAYS Ghost my system before software changes/additions - just did so in the last few minutes so I thought I'd give it a try. And you're correct, Aria did not see the samples files, and offered no option to relocate. Named the folder back, and Aria's happy again.

I would, in all good nature, challenge your comment of "it may seem logical now...". It IS logical, now and forever. I have a dedicated drive for samples, would never allow a sample-based program to choose my system drive for their storage. And in fact I am allowed to specify the target location for samples during the install process - I just gave the GPO samples folder a rather non-descriptive name when I installed it, and was curious to see if I could correct that error post facto. Looks like I can't - ah well, it is what it is.

Not ragging on ya at all - to the contrary, I very much appreciate the quick (and accurate) responses, you're a great asset to your outfit. Just sharing my thought processes (such as they are ) there.....

Install's running now - wheeee!! Time for some fun!!

Ric

Thanks for the reply, Ric - I'd say you're already showing what an asset you are to the Forum, so again let me welcome you.

Having sample libraries on a dedicated drive is something people do more often now, so I understand what you're saying - Glad you figured out that re-naming the folders wasn't an option. Hope you're happy with the way it's set up - And glad to see you're now ready to have some fun.

See you around the Forum!
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Ric - I'd say you're already showing what an asset you are to the Forum, so again let me welcome you.
    Appreciate it, Randy - but I'm just having a good day, most of the time I'm a flaming jackhole....

Thanks again for the help!!

Ric

The installer does give you an option to install the samples on a separate drive. I let the installer do the defaults up to the last item which is the option for where to put the samples.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    The installer does give you an option to install the samples on a separate drive. I let the installer do the defaults up to the last item which is the option for where to put the samples.

Jim
    Hi, Jim - Ric's saying that he did install the samples on his dedicated sample drive, he was just hoping to re-name the folders. Looks like he's happy and cooking along now.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post

Jim
    Hey!! I just noted your location, Jim. I'm just up the street from ya, in Mesa - howdy neighbor!!

Go Back to forum