• Register
  • Help

Topic: No String Bass Sus and Short?

Share/Bookmark

No String Bass Sus and Short?

Just wondering, but why isn't there a sus and short key switch for the Basses KS strings? The sustain ones are too weak for a good attack.
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

Re: No String Bass Sus and Short?

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasvanHaren View Post
    Just wondering, but why isn't there a sus and short key switch for the Basses KS strings? The sustain ones are too weak for a good attack.
    I thought there was, but I went back and looked, and you're right my friend -- the KS note that's Sus + short for all the other strings is only for sustain with the Basses. They have a separate Sus + short patch, so if you want that you'll have to add it to the other instrument patches you have loaded in ARIA. Have no idea why GPO did it that way, but as the old say goes, it is what it is.

Thanks for catching this, I totally missed it. There are a few places in what I have for my symphony so far where I need the Short + sus basses, so I'll have to make some changes to my virtual orchestra configuration. I'm glad you brought the matter to my attention before I got too far into my GPO4 rework!

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Re: No String Bass Sus and Short?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Johnson View Post
    I thought there was, but I went back and looked, and you're right my friend -- the KS note that's Sus + short for all the other strings is only for sustain with the Basses. They have a separate Sus + short patch, so if you want that you'll have to add it to the other instrument patches you have loaded in ARIA. Have no idea why GPO did it that way, but as the old say goes, it is what it is.

Thanks for catching this, I totally missed it. There are a few places in what I have for my symphony so far where I need the Short + sus basses, so I'll have to make some changes to my virtual orchestra configuration. I'm glad you brought the matter to my attention before I got too far into my GPO4 rework!

Steve
    Thanks Steve, I didn't see that they had a separate patch, I am going to change this. I am using your template at the moment for my Scherzo for orchestra. I really love it. Especially the strings are sounding much fuller. I am not using any reverb even, so after adding that, it will sound even better!

André
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

Go Back to forum