• Register
  • Help

Topic: Espana (Chabrier)

Share/Bookmark

Espana (Chabrier)

Hi All,

It's quite a while since I posted anything, so, since I've more or less completed this very popular orchestral piece, I thought I'd give it a shot.

ESPANA

It's all GPO. I would get the new GPO, but first I have to get a faster computer. The maximum speed of the laptop I use is 2.2 Ghz. Playback often produces noise and distortion, which I can somewhat eliminate by reloading the samples. However, since I still use Garritan Studio, its recording function is based strictly on the MIDI file, and, therefore, no noise is transferred to the recording.

I hope you enjoy the music.

Regards,

Jack

Re: Espana (Chabrier)

Hi Jack

Even though the quality of the instrument's sounds could probably be improved a little here, that didn't detract at all from this being a very musical rendition of the piece, making it a very easy and enjoyable listen.

I'm sure you could run the latest version of GPO even on your laptop as it stands, though you'd be best running it within a DAW or other VST host environment rather than just using it in standalone mode.

I'd just suggest bouncing individual tracks to audio perhaps after you've finished working with them for a while, and mute the source midi track to save on resources: audio tracks do consume a lot less system resources while running than midi controlled samples and give consistent playback.

With a higher spec machine, you can of course run more sample instruments simultaneously, but there's probably always a limit, no matter how good a computer you have.

I'd guess that you'd probably get more out of upgrading to the latest version GPO than investing in a new machine first.

Peter

Re: Espana (Chabrier)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jeffrey Gale View Post
    Hi Jack

Even though the quality of the instrument's sounds could probably be improved a little here, that didn't detract at all from this being a very musical rendition of the piece, making it a very easy and enjoyable listen.

I'm sure you could run the latest version of GPO even on your laptop as it stands, though you'd be best running it within a DAW or other VST host environment rather than just using it in standalone mode.

I'd just suggest bouncing individual tracks to audio perhaps after you've finished working with them for a while, and mute the source midi track to save on resources: audio tracks do consume a lot less system resources while running than midi controlled samples and give consistent playback.

With a higher spec machine, you can of course run more sample instruments simultaneously, but there's probably always a limit, no matter how good a computer you have.

I'd guess that you'd probably get more out of upgrading to the latest version GPO than investing in a new machine first.

Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thank you for your very helpful comments and suggestions. I guess I basically take the lazyman's approach to doing this. However, I think I will take your suggestion and acquire the updated library.

Regards,

Jack

Go Back to forum