• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria setup question in Logic: Volume and panning control help needed.

Share/Bookmark

Aria setup question in Logic: Volume and panning control help needed.

I need help from other Logic users.

I am trying to get a volume and panning control over the seperate loaded instruments in the aria player instance with the volume and panning controls by Logic, not by the Aria player. But when I adjust a volume or pan slider in Logic for an instruments, the complete Aria instance reacts, not only the single instrument in the track that I am trying to adjust.

I experimented with multi timbral instruments and multi output stereo Aria players, but all have the same result: Adjusting 1 instrument track, changes all the instrument tracks within one Aria instance.

Could another Logic user please tell me how to get better control?

André
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

Re: Aria setup question in Logic: Volume and panning control help needed.

It sounds like your midi channels are not setup properly. Make sure that your channel strip in Logic that you are adjusting is just sending midi information to the one midi channel in Aria that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner View Post
    It sounds like your midi channels are not setup properly. Make sure that your channel strip in Logic that you are adjusting is just sending midi information to the one midi channel in Aria that you want.
    I really tried everything, Jeff. Where exactly in Logic can I check this and correct it if necessary?

André

In Logic, to the left of the Arrange area is the Inspector. If you don't see it, just click the Inspector button to make it display. In the Arrange area highlight one of your instruments. Now in the Inspector the top choice says Midi thru. The second choice will match whatever that channel strip is called. Press on the arrow to display the full menu. You'll see here that the midi channels are set to "all" by default. Set this midi setting to what specific midi channel in Aria you want this channel strip to control.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner View Post
    In Logic, to the left of the Arrange area is the Inspector. If you don't see it, just click the Inspector button to make it display. In the Arrange area highlight one of your instruments. Now in the Inspector the top choice says Midi thru. The second choice will match whatever that channel strip is called. Press on the arrow to display the full menu. You'll see here that the midi channels are set to "all" by default. Set this midi setting to what specific midi channel in Aria you want this channel strip to control.
    Yes, I know this, I checked it again and this part is setup correctly. Still changing the volume or pan of 1 instrument changes all the others as well that belong to the same Aria Player instance. I would love to have separate control over them!

I don't see this part: "Now in the Inspector the top choice says Midi thru".
    Could this mean something?

André

Go Back to forum