• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Engine doesn't know where my library is...

Share/Bookmark

Aria Engine doesn't know where my library is...

Plogue website tells me if I choose to install my library in a non-default location the only way to tell the Aria engine the location is to edit WINDOWS registry. Has anyone done this successfully? All my libraries are on a separate drive from the operating system. Aria is the only library that didn't allow me to tell it where the sample files are located.

How do I tell Aria player (GPO4) where the sample library is?

Many thanks!

Tim

Re: Aria Engine doesn't know where my library is...

Quote Originally Posted by tdtyler View Post
    Plogue website tells me if I choose to install my library in a non-default location the only way to tell the Aria engine the location is to edit WINDOWS registry. Has anyone done this successfully? All my libraries are on a separate drive from the operating system. Aria is the only library that didn't allow me to tell it where the sample files are located.

How do I tell Aria player (GPO4) where the sample library is?

Many thanks!

Tim
    1st option:

Yes, i have did that succesfully (i change the drive letter of a partition).
    1-Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garritan\Personal Orchestra 4\Banks".
    2-Once there, open the "banks" folder and you will see a lot of subfolders called "1110 FLT, 1120 EHN, etc, etc".
    3-Open each one of the sub-folders and change the path of the values called "bank_path" and "sample_dir" to the right place where the samples and banks are now.

2nd option:

That will take you a lot of time, since you have many banks. In case you want to make it faster, i recommend you to install "RegEditX" that is a free utility that allows you to search and replace in the Registry in one pass. You can found this tool here:
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...scription.html
    If you decide to use RegEditX, you need to go to the "RegEditX" menu, then to "RegEditX Crawler". Once there, type in the search field the old path you want to search. Once it´s found, select all the entryes you want to fix and go to the "replace" button. Putt there the right path in the lower field, and you are done.

3rd Option:

Unistall and Re-install in the right path.

4th option:

Ask Plogue to make a simple "choose path" option in Aria.

Hope you have fun!
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    1st option:

1-Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garritan\Personal Orchestra 4\Banks".
    2nd option:

3rd Option:

Unistall and Re-install in the right path.

4th option:

Hope you have fun!
    Marce! Thank you very much.
    I will do option 2 AND option 4.
    "If it's worth producing, it's worth over-producing..."

4th option:

Does Plogue have a formal to make requests like this, or do we just assume the an email sent to them or a comment posted here serve that purpose?

I've seen very few other programs (actually, none that I can think of) that don't provide this kind of install option. It seems odd that we would have to request this, but since we do I'd like to make sure the request is heard.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by pokeefe View Post
    Does Plogue have a formal to make requests like this, or do we just assume the an email sent to them or a comment posted here serve that purpose?

I've seen very few other programs (actually, none that I can think of) that don't provide this kind of install option. It seems odd that we would have to request this, but since we do I'd like to make sure the request is heard.

Pat
    To clarify, you CAN choose the path where to install. You can install anywhere you like. What i was refering is to be able to, after the installation, have the option to choose a different path (just in case you move the samples). Most knowed sampler like Yellowtools, kontakt, etc have that option.
    Marcelo Colina

To clarify, you CAN choose the path where to install. You can install anywhere you like.
    Then I must have missed something in the installation process. When I installed GPO4 I put it (and the Aria player) on my D drive but the Aria engine went into C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria. I was given the option accepting it or canceling the installation.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by pokeefe View Post
    Then I must have missed something in the installation process. When I installed GPO4 I put it (and the Aria player) on my D drive but the Aria engine went into C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria. I was given the option accepting it or canceling the installation.

Pat
    The aria "engine" should _always_ go in C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria, since its share between all ARIA based products. This is just the main engine DLL, not the Garritan Player interface, nor the samples or instruments, which can be put elsewhere through the install.

And 4) ... yes of course its in the list of stuff todo.

Thanks
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum