• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaSampler, WaMi Rack 24 and Cubase

Share/Bookmark

GigaSampler, WaMi Rack 24 and Cubase

Hi! Is there anyone out there using GigaSampler LE with WaMi Rack 24 and Cubase VST??
    I\'ve just got it installed but was quite surprised how few gigs that were available on the CD. I\'ve used Soundblaster Live and soundfonts before with a wide range of sounds.
    Is there anyway you could convert soundfonts to use with GigaSampler?
    Where do you find free or cheap gigs on the net?
    What is the best way to work with gigs when you load them in GigaSampler? One by one or could you arrange them in groups of some kind? I\'m new to this and have no one to help me and I have to convert all my old songs from SoundBlaster Live to use with WaMi Rack 24 and GigaSampler. Any suggestions how??

I NEED HELP, so if you know anything about this please let me know right now!
    /YP

Re: GigaSampler, WaMi Rack 24 and Cubase

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YP:
    Hi! Is there anyone out there using GigaSampler LE with WaMi Rack 24 and Cubase VST??
    I\'ve just got it installed but was quite surprised how few gigs that were available on the CD. I\'ve used Soundblaster Live and soundfonts before with a wide range of sounds.
    Is there anyway you could convert soundfonts to use with GigaSampler?
    Where do you find free or cheap gigs on the net?
    What is the best way to work with gigs when you load them in GigaSampler? One by one or could you arrange them in groups of some kind? I\'m new to this and have no one to help me and I have to convert all my old songs from SoundBlaster Live to use with WaMi Rack 24 and GigaSampler. Any suggestions how??

I NEED HELP, so if you know anything about this please let me know right now!
    /YP
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi! I use the same soundcards and programs as you do, and after some tweaking, I\'ve got them to work beautifully together! I\'ve been searching for a free program that converts SF to gigs, but there doesn\'t seem to be any. This is obviously because NemeSys doesn\'t want to release the necessary info on the file format!!! Shame on them!
    Free gigs are not very easy to find. There are some at www.worrasplace.com, and if you search a bit (hint: www.google.com) you might find a few not so very legal ones, and some leagal ones as well.

You can arrange your gigs in groups if you create several directories to hold your gigs. I don\'t remember how to do this, but it was very easy to find out. I think you do it when you import. You could make one directory for, say, string instruments, one for percussion and so on in this way....

If you find a way of converting sf:s to gigs, please let me know. The expensive solution would be to buy the ChickenSys GigaTranslator. You can find a link from the nemesys home page....

Good luck, and if you have any more questions.... just shoot!

// Y

Go Back to forum