• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics sound designers ever do sound banks for other synths?

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics sound designers ever do sound banks for other synths?

Eric et al. - I'm a huge fan of your sound design. It's one of the greatest things about Omnisphere is that there are so many beautiful sounding patches that are extremely fun to play. It's like you just know what to do with teh sound as soon as you start playing it.

I was just wondering if you ever do sound design for other synths? I know you're all probably busy all the time and need to focus on your own product (which is great because you're patches for spectrasonics products are always free which is amazing), but I'm so curious what you guys would do with other synths. For example I can't help but wonder what an Eric Persing Alchemy bank would be like using the same psychoacoustic sound design. Maybe this isn't common practice since you're helping the competition in some ways, but I've seen it sometimes, like Camel banks for Absynth for example.

Just a thought. Do you guys even use other synths or is it blasphemy to use other synths?

Re: Spectrasonics sound designers ever do sound banks for other synths?

That's a wonderful compliment to our Sound DEV team....thanks! :-)

Each of us on the team have many personal sounds we've created for lots of other synthesizers for use in our own music, but on the commercial side we release only what we do for the company.

You can hear my sounds on these hardware synths that I did for Roland too:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/company.../ep-roland.php

Cheers,

spectrum

So do you have a listing of what exact presets you contributed to the various Roland units? As much as I would like to think you did them all- I know you didn't (or else all off them would sound awesome all the time )

No....but I was involved in a lot of those sounds in one capacity or another.

There are some instruments where I did the majority of the sounds, like the D-50, JX-10 and the JD-800.

Other times I oversaw the larger sound development teams and produced the final selection. (like with the sample libraries and the JV-1080)

Other times (like with the Sound Canvas) it was more of a corporate committee decision.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Other times (like with the Sound Canvas) it was more of a corporate committee decision.
    hahahah, I loved that line- says a lot!

Worries and woes.

Here's a little glimpse into the everyday life of the sound designers behind Omnisphere. Can hardly imagine that this guy ever worry about bills and heavy traffic......

http://www.ableton.com/diego-stocco

Go Back to forum