• Register
  • Help

Topic: is there a description of perspectives somewhere?

Share/Bookmark

is there a description of perspectives somewhere?

what exactly is the classical recording perspective? just curious

Re: is there a description of perspectives somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by ltno View Post
    what exactly is the classical recording perspective? just curious
    The classical mic perspective in GAS basically puts you in front of the stage as one would be sitting in the audience of a recital hall. I believe that the feeling of distance between listener and piano would be controlled through the application of reverb. Unfortunately, this perspective was only available with GAS Pro, which has been discontinued.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

why was it discontinued? I just bought it.. is there a new version out soon?

anyway the manual actually has descriptions so i'm good

Quote Originally Posted by ltno View Post
    why was it discontinued? I just bought it.. is there a new version out soon?
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe GAS Pro was discontinued when GPO went over to the ARIA Player. GAS2 is in development, so I think the Garritan team figured it would be better to concentrate on completing the new GAS library, rather than reprogramming the old one to work in ARIA.

As to when GAS2 will be coming out, that's anyone's guess. Gary Garritan's policy is to avoid announcing release dates before new products are actually ready for sale.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

The Steinway library has always used the ARIA player. It was the first library to use it.

I believe they ran out of copies and are waiting for the newest update including an updated interface before duplicating a new batch.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    The Steinway library has always used the ARIA player. It was the first library to use it.

I believe they ran out of copies and are waiting for the newest update including an updated interface before duplicating a new batch.

Jim
    Thanks for the correction, Jim. Guess my timing was bad, because I would've snapped up GAS Pro while I had the chance if I had know that it would be discontinued once it sold out. I'll make do with a purchase of GAS Basic until the new Steinway library comes out. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for that.

Steve

Go Back to forum