• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics Support

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics Support

Has anyone had any luck contacting Spectrasonics support lately? They seem to have gone into hibernation.

Re: Spectrasonics Support

I called a couple of days ago. Had a simple question so I talked to the Tech Desk and got right through. Support said "leave a message".

Try again if you didn't reach them. They are there and available, although there have been a few problems with our system getting overloaded.

Hi Eric,

I've uncovered what I believe is a problem with granular synthesis in Omnisphere 1.5. I've documented and submitted the issue to technical support, but it just hasn't received any traction after about 3 weeks.

Could you take a few minutes to look into it? PM me if you need further info.

There was a granularity problem in 1.5.0, but that has since been fixed. If you haven't done so already, use the Check for Updates button to make sure you're running the latest version.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

The granularity problem in 1.5.0 is a different problem, and is resolved.

The problem report submitted has to do with something a bit deeper. If you check in with tech support, they can fill you in on the issue. They also have my contact info.

If you reported a problem with 1.5 (with granularity or anything else), you should have received a reply notifying you it has been addressed in a recent update. If you didn't receive a reply, I'd suggest sending a followup email just to make sure no messages were lost in transmission (and check your spam filter).
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Hi Glenn,

I received that email and replied in much the same way as my previous post. As I suggested in my email, I'm confident that once you've reviewed the problem report and attached documentation, you'll understand and appreciate the significance and severity of the issue.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any further clarification. If you'd like me to re-submit the problem report and start fresh - just ask.

I just dealt with Spectrasonics on the phone and got my Omnisphere authorization issue taken care of. When I got the initial support confirmation email it stated that they may take longer than usual to reply due to workload. I immediately had all kinds of MOTU and Native Instruments nightmarish support memories hit me. But like those situations the best solution was to call. Support goes straight to a voicemail but press 3 for Tech Shop and a person will answer. He twice tried to connect me to Support, but I got voicemail each time. He called me back about an hour and a half later and had everything sorted.

My personal experience is these companies aren't indifferent or ignoring our situations, but the truth of the matter is most don't have enough support staff to address issues in a quicker fashion. If you can get someone on the phone you'll get help.

Credit to Spectrasonics on the toll-free number as well, Native Instruments is long distance and 47 minutes is the shortest hold time i ever had with them.

Thanks Again Spectrasonics Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Metatron72 View Post
    I just dealt with Spectrasonics on the phone and got my Omnisphere authorization issue taken care of. When I got the initial support confirmation email it stated that they may take longer than usual to reply due to workload. I immediately had all kinds of MOTU and Native Instruments nightmarish support memories hit me. But like those situations the best solution was to call. Support goes straight to a voicemail but press 3 for Tech Shop and a person will answer. He twice tried to connect me to Support, but I got voicemail each time. He called me back about an hour and a half later and had everything sorted.

My personal experience is these companies aren't indifferent or ignoring our situations, but the truth of the matter is most don't have enough support staff to address issues in a quicker fashion. If you can get someone on the phone you'll get help.

Credit to Spectrasonics on the toll-free number as well, Native Instruments is long distance and 47 minutes is the shortest hold time i ever had with them.

Thanks Again Spectrasonics Support!

It must be difficult to manage support for this kind of software because there are so many different issues for users,

if we follow the step by step instructions on the Omni web sight more than half of us would never ever need to cantact support.

yes its true that there are some glitches in the software but most of the time when something goes wrong its our doing, or our system just is not up to it or we have something on our system that courses our music program to go glitchey or currupt.

most of the answers we need are on the forum and support page.

I think a rule should be is dont share your music production system with any other programs

novaburst

playing wrong notes can make your tracks sound great, problem is if you need to do it again

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram8gighz DDR21066hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro USB. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update 5.1.1 32bit and 64bit on same system Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere 1.5.3d 32bit and 64bit on same system. VST sound collection. HALion Sonic VST Workstation upgrade 1.5.
    Hardware:dual monitors. controlFreek 16 channel. ART DIGITAL MPA ll preamplifier. Samson CVALVE. BOSS Noise Suppressor. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.NAD AMP. JBL speakers.Instruments: yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. fender strat. washburn acustic guitar, main intrument: yamaha six stringTBR base guitar.

Go Back to forum