• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Aria error: asked me to contact Aria assistance...

Share/Bookmark

Aria error: asked me to contact Aria assistance...

While making a new track with an Aria plugin, I got the Aria message:
    "Failed to load Audio Unit "Aria Player", please contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance."

Does this mean that there is a limit of the amount of Aria players I can use? I am using 80 instances now and my mac and Logic 9 runs them without a problem. But now I get this limitation. Can this be solved?

André
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

Re: Aria error: asked me to contact Aria assistance...

I don't know the answer to this. My suggestion would be to make sure you have the latest version on ARIA and I have heard and read that the best place to get it is at Garritan.com in the downloads section.

Question for you, Why 80 instances of the ARIA player? That would be an orchestra of 1280 players (16 channels x 80 Aria players = 1280). That must be some massive piece you are writing.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I don't know the answer to this. My suggestion would be to make sure you have the latest version on ARIA and I have heard and read that the best place to get it is at Garritan.com in the downloads section.

Question for you, Why 80 instances of the ARIA player? That would be an orchestra of 1280 players (16 channels x 80 Aria players = 1280). That must be some massive piece you are writing.
    I am writing an large piece yes, but want to have every instrument on a single Aria instrument. I tried a lot of things with 6 Aria Players and loaded instruments in the slots but got never the result I wanted. This is much better.

I was hoping to get every instrument I use in the piece on a single instrument but now Aria is giving problems. I do have the latest Aria Player.

I would have to believe that each ARIA player is consuming a good bit of RAM and at some point there would be a limit.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I am amazed. 80 instances??! I have wracked my brain for a reason one might do this in this way. The only thing I can come up with is some sort of avant-garde or experimental work involving 80 separate computers. If it is not too personal, would you mind sharing your reasoning for the use of so many players? Thanks.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark View Post
    I am amazed. 80 instances??! I have wracked my brain for a reason one might do this in this way. The only thing I can come up with is some sort of avant-garde or experimental work involving 80 separate computers. If it is not too personal, would you mind sharing your reasoning for the use of so many players? Thanks.
    Actually I am runnng 106 instances now while using Space designer for reverb. Now I updated to the latest 64 bit Aria engine, everuything works like a charm!

The reason is because in Logic, I had so many problems of getting seperate control over the tracks that I am using. I want to control all the instrumets in Logic, not in the Aria player. And this is the only way I could get to it. I know about multi timbral and multi stereo in the Aria Player but always run into problems. Now it works.

André

Andre,

I'm glad that things are working for you finally. But as others have said, there's no reason to have 80 or 106 instances of Aria open. It's a waste of resources.

I know you had some problems with Logic's Environment, and you probably won't bother with this, but this is where the answer lies. Here's a link to a tutorial for Vienna Ensemble Pro and Logic. VE Pro is a host software similar to Aria in that you open it up and load many different patches into this one instance. Using the method described in the tutorial you can still control separate elements through Logic. Just follow the tutorial and wherever they mention VE Pro, just insert Aria.

http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/141/460/1961/1627.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner View Post
    Andre,

I'm glad that things are working for you finally. But as others have said, there's no reason to have 80 or 106 instances of Aria open. It's a waste of resources.

I know you had some problems with Logic's Environment, and you probably won't bother with this, but this is where the answer lies. Here's a link to a tutorial for Vienna Ensemble Pro and Logic. VE Pro is a host software similar to Aria in that you open it up and load many different patches into this one instance. Using the method described in the tutorial you can still control separate elements through Logic. Just follow the tutorial and wherever they mention VE Pro, just insert Aria.

Hi Jeff,
    I spent actually a lot of time wth the tutorial and the Environment, everything worked fine after that till I discoverd that the kind of tracks made were not able to get frozen. And I really needed that beause my old G5 mac could not handle it otherwise. Also, I was only able to open the Aria Player in the Environment, not anymore in the track inspector. That frustrated me.

Thanks for this tutorial, I will have a look at it. It's always good to learn more.

André

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner View Post
    Andre,

Excellent, Jeff, thanks for posting that - Andre, I understand you've been managing to run an incredible number of Aria instances, but once you get things working the way you should, just think of the huge amount of resources you'll have reclaimed.

Right now, using an entire Aria instance to play just one instrument is like driving an 8 wheel Mack Truck to deliver a letter!

I understand your desire to control the instruments in Logic, not inside Aria. That's the more advanced way to work, it's how I work with Garritan Libraries in Sonar.

Hopefully that tute Jeff posted will clear up the mystery of how to get 16 instruments in one Aria instance hooked up correctly in a Logic project. It will seem a bit clumsy at first perhaps, but the way it works makes good sense - 16 instruments each on a different MIDI channel, 16 stereo tracks coming out of Aria, all directed hooked up and paralleled in your recording software. Once you get that, you'll have the complete control that you want.

Keep us posted about your progress!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasvanHaren View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    I spent actually a lot of time wth the tutorial and the Environment, everything worked fine after that till I discoverd that the kind of tracks made were not able to get frozen. And I really needed that beause my old G5 mac could not handle it otherwise. Also, I was only able to open the Aria Player in the Environment, not anymore in the track inspector. That frustrated me.

Thanks for this tutorial, I will have a look at it. It's always good to learn more.

André
    Hi Andre,

I understand what you're saying about freezing tacks in the the Environment. It's kind of a catch-22. Loading all individual instances gives you the option of freezing a specific track, but the fact that you're using more instances and resources is what's causing you to need to freeze tracks. Whereas if you have 6 Aria instances, each one filled, you won't be able to freeze them, but because of using your resources more efficiently you won't need to.

I'm in my early stages of building up a Logic template. This is going to be a single Logic file with all my strings loaded into one instance, brass in another, and so on. Each one color coded and everything routed correctly. Once it's complete, then I'll always use this as my starting point for a project and all of my possible combinations will be setup and ready to go.

Go Back to forum