• Register
  • Help

Topic: Announcing the Tutorial Contest Winners!

Share/Bookmark

Announcing the Tutorial Contest Winners!

We have reviewed the Tutorials submitted for the tutorial contest and the judges have selected the winners.

It was very hard deciding as all of the tutorials were well done. Here are the winners:

1st Prize: $1000 Prize: Aria GPO Player and Logic Pro String Tutorials- by Tom Wahatka

2nd Prize: $500 Prize: GPO4 Volume Controller Calibration Tutorial. by Steve Johnson

3rd Prize: Tie (split $500) $250 and two libraries each for

• Briff's ARIA SFZ tutorial
    • String ensemble in Aria Player and ACID Pro by Iacobus Rodelus
    Honorably Mention: Two libraries prize - Sequencing and Mixing Using the Garritan Libraries - by James Pettett
    Everyone else who submitted a tutorial -a wins a library of their choice. So winners and participants please contact me and we'll arrange your prizes.

Thanks to all who participated. Let's do another Tutorial Contest in the future!

Gary Garritan

Re: Announcing the Tutorial Contest Winners!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    We have reviewed the Tutorials submitted for the tutorial contest and the judges have selected the winners.

It was very hard deciding as all of the tutorials were well done. Here are the winners:
    1st Prize: $1000 Prize: Aria GPO Player and Logic Pro String Tutorials- by Tom Wahatka

2nd Prize: $500 Prize: GPO4 Volume Controller Calibration Tutorial. by Steve Johnson

3rd Prize: Tie (split $500) $250 and two libraries each for

• Briff's ARIA SFZ tutorial
    • String ensemble in Aria Player and ACID Pro by Iacobus Rodelus
    Honorably Mention: Two libraries prize - Sequencing and Mixing Using the Garritan Libraries - by James Pettett
    Everyone else who submitted a tutorial -a wins a library of their choice. So winners and participants please contact me and we'll arrange your prizes.

Thanks to all who participated. Let's do another Tutorial Contest in the future!

Gary Garritan
    Well Gary, I'm so honored! I didn't think my tutorial would rate getting anything more than a honorable mention, and this really comes as such a pleasant surprise. Congratulations to my fellow contest winners, and absolutely let's do this again!

I'll e-mail my snail-mail address to you at info@garritan.com if that's okay. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be saving my prize money toward the purchase of GOS2 and the new Authorized Steinway libraries as soon as they come out. Can't think of a better way to spend it!

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Congrats everyone well done!

Congratulations to all. I can't wait to view the tutorials.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Fantastic! Congratulations to all of you who joined in on this - I'm really looking forward to seeing the tutorials.

And Gary Garritan - The generosity of all these prizes is incredible. Big round of applause to you and your tutorial winners. - !!!

Randy

I too can't wait to see the tutorials.
    Congrats to the winners and to all who participated,
    a huge bow to Gary Garritan for his generousity,
    what a kind and giving person he is!
    Dan

This is absolutely great and so generous. Thank you Gary for presenting this competition and thank you to all those who were able to develop tutorials. I can't wait to do all of the tutorials. Knowledge and skill can only get better after studying these.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Great work everyone and congratulations. I'm sure the tutorials will help
    make working with sampled libraries a little bit easier. We need so many
    more progressive tutorials across the board to cover "gray" areas. I
    look forward to the future and another contest.

Thank you Gary for your outreach and your plan to help educate others
    in the use of sampled libraries.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum