• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEPro) as a slave to Mac PPC or Intel Pro Tools?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEPro) as a slave to Mac PPC or Intel Pro Tools?

If you are using the above stated configuration, please post here so I can get an idea of the different computers being used as slaves... how much RAM, CPU, size, speed, and number of drives, etc.

Also any problems with configuration, and how well it is working for you now.

I plan to use VEPro on a slave computer (PC or Mac) as a VI machine with Omnisphere, Trilian, Ivory II, possibly Stylus RMX, and the included Orch library that comes with VSPro. This will be slaved to my old but still venerable Mac G5 2.0 gz running HD Accel 3/PT 8.0.1cs2.

Also, if anyone has an *ideal configuration* for a slave computer would be helpful as well.

NOTE: I have a line on a Mac Pro 2.66 Dual Core (circa 2006), perfect condition, 4 HD's (1 250GB and 3 160GB), 4GB RAM, 2 super drives, wifi, bluetooth for $1200...

Would need to spend an additional $385 to pull the RAM (8 512MB sticks) to get up to 12GB RAM... (OWC price... I might be able to find a few bucks cheaper somewhere else)

Would this be sufficient CPU power to run VSPro w/Ivory on 1 dedicated HD, Omnisphere + others on another drive, other VI's on the 3rd drive...

Or does the upgrade to a "Harpertown" Mac Pro (circa 2008) provide the necessary CPU strength?

Any thoughts?

Re: Anyone using Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEPro) as a slave to Mac PPC or Intel Pro Tools

There's extensive info on the VSL site, including tutorial videos.

Re: Anyone using Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEPro) as a slave to Mac PPC or Intel Pro Tools

thx for the tip!

Go Back to forum