• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How to register EastWest Bosendorfer 290 off-line ?

Share/Bookmark

How to register EastWest Bosendorfer 290 off-line ?

I did what NI registration tool asks : generate a HTML file, and put it on my online PC, but the link is dead...

The NI Service Center doesn't help...

And the product doesn't show in NI's product list in the registration support form.

I don't see it in East West or Sampletekk list...

Who own that product now and who can register ?
    Gabriel Plalame.

(The French dyslexic who speaks badly English.)

Re: How to register EastWest Bosendorfer 290 off-line ?

S O U N D S

O N L I N E

forums.

Unbelievable - the 3rd graders who run this board who still find it necessary to censor the SO forum. Really sad.

Hi, I’m not sure to understand what you mean, but this is the fact :

Here, from East West site : « Please note that support is available only to registered users of PLAY Virtual Instruments. For support for Native Instruments-powered products, go to www.native-instruments.com. »
    http://www.-forums.com/showthread.php?t=23378

East West Bosendorfer 290 (also called « PMI Bosendorfer 290 » in the registration window) is a Native Instrument player.

And, as I said, it doesn’t appear in the product list of Native Instrument support form...

No one sell it any more ?

Is that product just dead ?
    Gabriel Plalame.

Yes, it's dead.

EastWest don't use Kontakt anymore for a while.

They use their own "Play" engine which will come soon in its third version.

The Bösendorfer is in QL Pianos library.

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Thanks for the info, Fred. I'm quite 'unpluged' since few years.

My last chance is to find a way to contact NI about the registration of a product that they don't sell !
    Gabriel Plalame.

Quote Originally Posted by boulifb View Post
    Yes, it's dead.

EastWest don't use Kontakt anymore for a while.

They use their own "Play" engine which will come soon in its third version.

The Bösendorfer is in QL Pianos library.

Fred.
    It's also included in Goliath using the Play engine. I hate to say it, because I know cash may be tight, but you might find a better, newer piano now and not go through the headache of trying to ressurect this one. I have the big shiny box and software sitting on my shelf but haven't reinstalled it as the pianos in Kontakt, etc are comparable in terms of quality.

Best of luck with your endeavor. Hopefully East West will help you out.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Oh, Jeffrey, I understand now what you are saying. I just realize that my URL above is... censored ?

Anyway as East West asks to contact NI now, I’ll try to get an answer from them first.

you might find a better, newer piano now and not go through the headache of trying to ressurect this one. I have the big shiny box and software sitting on my shelf but haven't reinstalled it as the pianos in Kontakt, etc are comparable in terms of quality.
    Hi Darren,

Unfortunately I can’t spend more money for now, I also absolutely need the velocity curve option (I don’t see it in PLAY, for example), and, yes it’s an old library, but, I don’t know, that piano is special for me. The instrument itself is quite exceptional. Very homogeneous. It’s maybe the first difficulty for developers : to find ‘the’ good instrument. Whatever technology you use.
    Gabriel Plalame.

I'd never thought about this problem. Does that mean that libraries such as RA and EWQLSC are going to be dead as well? My studio has been packed down for some time, and I was about to rebuild everything - am i not going to be able to register all my old East-West stuff?
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    I'd never thought about this problem. Does that mean that libraries such as RA and EWQLSC are going to be dead as well? My studio has been packed down for some time, and I was about to rebuild everything - am i not going to be able to register all my old East-West stuff?
    Hi David,

I tried updating my original EWSO Gold (NI) the other day and as with everything I touch with EW, it crashed the library completely. Luckily, I had taken a backup before the update and was able to reload without too much difficulty. So I don't hold out much hope if you're trying to reinstate any old EW NI stuff. It's rubbish that they had to introduce Play to move forward. Play is still primitive compared to Kontakt despite all the hype that comes out of EW to the contrary.

Good luck!

Regards, Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Hi David. I can’t help you for now. Maybe the online registration works, but I have my doubts. And East West seems clear : no more support for NI players.

So we have to deal with NI.

I realized that if there’s no East West product list in the NI registration support form, there’s a East West Kompact or Intakt OME line.
    http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...?id=regsuppfrm
    So I sent a form.

I now have a ‘ticket number’... (like administrations...)

I wait the answer.
    Gabriel Plalame.

Go Back to forum