• Register
  • Help

Topic: Casio and Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Casio and Kontakt

Hi, I'm new to Kontakt, I have a casio privia px-130 and I am trying to figured out how to connect it to kontakt so that it will play the alicia keys piano through the keyboard speakers. I have gotten it so that when I press a key on the keyboard it plays the piano sounds that came with my keyboard through my laptop speakers and the keyboard speakers, and if i click on one of the keys on the picture of the piano in kontakt it plays the alicia keys sounds through both the laptop speakers and keyboard speakers. So again i'm trying to get it so that when I play the casio keyboard the alicia keys sounds will play through the keyboard speakers. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Re: Casio and Kontakt

Quote Originally Posted by Xtopher1124 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Kontakt, I have a casio privia px-130 and I am trying to figured out how to connect it to kontakt so that it will play the alicia keys piano through the keyboard speakers. I have gotten it so that when I press a key on the keyboard it plays the piano sounds that came with my keyboard through my laptop speakers and the keyboard speakers, and if i click on one of the keys on the picture of the piano in kontakt it plays the alicia keys sounds through both the laptop speakers and keyboard speakers. So again i'm trying to get it so that when I play the casio keyboard the alicia keys sounds will play through the keyboard speakers. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks
    I doubt that your Casio works that way. The way that it normally orks is that you connect your Casio to you PC via a MIDI interface. Your Casio may have USB that functions as a MIDI interface, many of the newer keyboards have that feature. MIDI will transfer the notes that you play to Kontact.

Kontact needs an audio output which is normally a professional audio card with an ASIO driver. You may be able to get it to work with your soundblaster, but you won't get very good fidelity. Also, your PC soundcard may not have an ASIO driver (or good ASIO driver) which means your latency is going to be crap. Your pro audio card can be interfaced through PCI, USB, or Firewire (if your PC has FW of course). The output of your soundcard then goes to an amp, powered speakers, your stereo or whatever so that you can hear it. I seriously doubt if you could connect the output of your soundcard to your casio and have it function as the amp, that is not the typical way that most systems are configured.

You may want to check out some pro audio shops for the equipment you need to get the most out of your setup. Or you can go online to Sweetwater, Guitarcenter, SamAsh, etc. Hope that helps.

Go Back to forum