• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Bob Moog Tribute Library - the first 15 minutes

Share/Bookmark

Bob Moog Tribute Library - the first 15 minutes

I never really understood people's fascination with and cult-like reverence to Moog synthesizers.
    Until today... After loading just a few patches, I am a believer.
    Literary every single patch I've opened so far is a piece of instant sonic bliss. You can start writing music around it right away, go back to old projects and add a fourth analog dimension. Or just instantiate patches like 'Small Step', 'Skip's Mau5 Trap', 'OMG Powerline', 'Fredwreck's Rise'..., press a key, turn the wheel and see what happens!
    Omnisphere's library updates have been all fantastic. This one goes beyond everything I've heard and expected!
    It brings also immediate five-star inflation.... :-)
    Whether allocating 100% of the proceeds to the Moog foundation is a fully justifiable decision (as opposed to cutting a slice for Japan's earthquake relief, for instance) is a matter regarding strictly and only Spectrasonics. Your benefit from this library will be times 10 your investment!
    At least, in my humble, new-convert opinion!

Martin

Re: Bob Moog Tribute Library - the first 15 minutes

Can't wait to hear some audio demos (not until March 28th according to the site).
    I agree- too bad a portion couldn't go towards the Red Cross for Japan relief. But maybe something else is in the works. I do think that the idea is actually really cool. Eric and team have already released thousands of sounds to us for free- so getting us to pay for a new soundset (and new soundscources) yet giving all the money away to charity is top shelf. Classy classy classy classy!

The Bob Moog Tribute Library is available for March 28th as a 2.4GB downloadable product in the Techshop for $100 and requires Omnisphere v1.5 or higher.

Great to hear you guys are enjoying the Tribute Library already! :-)

Just a little background on this project - we've been preparing this special fund-raiser and OMG-1 contest for the Bob Moog Foundation for over a year, and raising money towards what they are doing is the whole reason for the participation of all the artists involved. It is indeed a great cause that really needs our support.

As you can imagine with our connections to Roland and Korg, Japan does indeed have a special place in our hearts - we have many dear friends, customers and colleagues there. We are making donations ourselves and we absolutely encourage our customers to give to worthy charities like the Red Cross, Doctors without Borders and Habitat for Humanity that are involved in helping people affected by this last week's devastation.

Quote Originally Posted by bosmarth View Post
    I never really understood people's fascination with and cult-like reverence to Moog synthesizers.
    Until today... After loading just a few patches, I am a believer.
    Literary every single patch I've opened so far is a piece of instant sonic bliss.
    Where did you hear the sounds. I could only read that the audio demo is available from March 28th. So how is that possible?

Lots of nice contributing Artists and Sound Designers but I miss someone as Isoa Tomita and Wendy Carlos.

Very nice job Eric and Friends. Can't bearly wait untill the 28th of March.

Keep up the good work

Regards Effie

Quote Originally Posted by Effenix View Post
    The Bob Moog Tribute Library is available for March 28th
    No, it is available now. There will be some demo tracks available in a couple of weeks, but demo tracks for a library with contributing artists of this calibre seem hardly necessary, especially when donating to a worthy charitable cause like the Moog foundation :-).
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    We are making donations ourselves and we absolutely encourage our customers to give to worthy charities like the Red Cross, Doctors without Borders and Habitat for Humanity that are involved in helping people affected by this last week's devastation.

Thank you Eric!
    It’s really uplifting to hear that!
    Spectrasonics’ generosity doesn’t have to be proven.
    It’s one of the reasons this company is so loved and successful!
    Yes, give generously guys!
    Sooner or later it all comes back to you. One way or another…
    But I digress …

Martin

Omnisphere's library updates have been all fantastic. This one goes beyond everything I've heard and expected!

I here you

novaburst

See.... now look what y'all made me do...(reaching for the wallet)

I got it yesterday, great stuff!

Cheers

Go Back to forum