• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with Stylus in Cubase 6

Share/Bookmark

Problem with Stylus in Cubase 6

Working on a project I started in Cubase 5 and am continuing in Cubase 6, I opened Sylus for the first time and all I get is a graphic with the shelf box on the left and nothing else. Its like a splash screen designed to sell the product. What gives??? I need to get a part down and I had to stop. Omnisphere would not open in CB6 either. Is this known??? These are legal paid for products.

Re: Problem with Stylus in Cubase 6

Maybe try refreshing the plug-in directory in Cubase:
    Devices> Plug-In Info> Update
    Or something related to that.
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

Quote Originally Posted by impactjones View Post
    Working on a project I started in Cubase 5 and am continuing in Cubase 6, I opened Sylus for the first time and all I get is a graphic with the shelf box on the left and nothing else. Its like a splash screen designed to sell the product. What gives??? I need to get a part down and I had to stop. Omnisphere would not open in CB6 either. Is this known??? These are legal paid for products.

Hi impactjones

There will always be some risk in putting projects from old host into new host. if you are still stuck you should finish your project in CB5 and start your new projects in CB6.

you should still have your folder to your project and you can have more than one instance of cubase on your system you can go back to CB5 to finish off,

I know CB6 has some good stuff

novaburst

im trying to learn ghost notes, but its too scary

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram8gighz DDR21066hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro USB. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update 5.1.1 32bit and 64bit on same system Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere 1.5.3d 32bit and 64bit on same system. VST sound collection. HALion Sonic VST Workstation upgrade 1.5.
    Hardware:dual monitors. controlFreek 16 channel. ART DIGITAL MPA ll preamplifier. Samson CVALVE. BOSS Noise Suppressor. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.NAD AMP. JBL speakers.Instruments: yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. fender strat. washburn acustic guitar, main intrument: yamaha six stringTBR base guitar.

Novaburst,slinky ;thanks for the repies

I restarted today and got Stylus to instantiate as normal. It was scary as happened ,so I'd still appreciate input from Spectrasonics folks as to what may have caused. I did a refresh when it happened.

Also I've used Cubase since VST5 circa 1997. I keep all old versions (as much as practical) so rolling back is always possible. However I've always ported projects ,except clients of course, over to new versions and have never had a big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by impactjones View Post
    Novaburst,slinky ;thanks for the repies

I restarted today and got Stylus to instantiate as normal. It was scary as happened ,so I'd still appreciate input from Spectrasonics folks as to what may have caused. I did a refresh when it happened.

Also I've used Cubase since VST5 circa 1997. I keep all old versions (as much as practical) so rolling back is always possible. However I've always ported projects ,except clients of course, over to new versions and have never had a big issue.

Cool, nice when things are working ok, you must be having a great time with cubase 6
    I can see why you want to do projects in it.......

novaburst

Go Back to forum