• Register
  • Help

Topic: OMG-1: How did you get Omnisphere to fill the ipad screen?

Share/Bookmark

OMG-1: How did you get Omnisphere to fill the ipad screen?

Hey guys,

I was just looking at a picture of the OMG-1 and one of the ipads had the regular Omnisphere gui filling the screen. I was wondering how you did that.

I've used air display to drag Omni's gui over to the ipad (thanks to Eric for that tip originally!), but Omni is smaller than the full screen. It would much easier if it filled the screen as is shown in the OMG-1.

So, you'd you do it? can air display zoom and I didn't know, or is it a separate app?

cheers!

Re: OMG-1: How did you get Omnisphere to fill the ipad screen?

I believe that this is just OMNI TR...

http://www.spectrasonics.net/contest/contest-omg-1.php

Quote Originally Posted by bosmarth View Post
    I believe that this is just OMNI TR...

http://www.spectrasonics.net/contest/contest-omg-1.php
    No that's actually only Omni TR on the left side ipad. I have that as well. The right side ipad shows the actual Omnisphere GUI. I know that this is running Omnisphere via a mac mini, I'm just not sure how they are filling the ipad screen with Omnisphere. With Air Display, Omnisphere is much smaller then the full display so is more difficult to use then this would be.

Since this is a mac mini with an ipad, it should be something that ipad users should be able to use as well hopefully.

The iTeleport app is the key. (there are many others like it, but this is the one I'm currently using)

It turns the iPad into a remote touch screen monitor for the built-in Mac Mini inside the OMG-1.

The Air Display app is cool, but it's really designed more as a "second monitor" concept.

iTeleport works much better as a "primary monitor/mouse/keyboard" replacement. I can fill the GUI with Omnisphere because iTeleport supports the pinch and zoom features of the iPad.

That's why the whole "computer" aspect of the OMG-1 is so invisible. :-)

spectrum

Very cool, thanks. I just checked it out and it looks pretty useful for many things.

Is it able to work alongside a main monitor though? Or does it only mirror what you have going on on you main monitor? And does it affect the main monitor resolution?

cheers

edit: I just watched a few of the videos and it looks great. Since I have my laptop set up with an external monitor, I think I would be able to use that extra laptop screen space as a place to put plug-ins and with iteleport scroll to that area and use the touchscreen mode. Pretty sweet little app! It can zoom to any size for any plug-in, will be so useful. thanks!

If I could ask one more question Eric on this, do you find the overall experience of using iteleport to be better than Air Display? I mean as far as trying to use the Omnisphere gui on an ipad, do you find it works better than Air Display overall (OMG necessities aside)?

cheers

Go Back to forum