• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Man are the updates working?

Share/Bookmark

Man are the updates working forGPO4 and ARIA Player?

I downloaded the files
    ARIA Player 1.111 for windows
    GPO4 Full 4.02 update for windows
    GPO4 FULL 4.02 for windows (however, this had a mac folder so I didn't do anything with it - it is about 1gig- don't know if this is for windows or mac but I did download the windows)

I go to play some instruments in the ARIA Player and every one I opened sounded like a mini moog synth sound. Sounds the same weather 32bit or 64bit player.

What am I doing wrong so I can get GPO4.02 working?

Should I send screen captures of the files I downloaded to Garritan?

BTW Is GWI out on DVD yet?

Thanks
    John

Re: Man are the updates working forGPO4 and ARIA Player?

Quote Originally Posted by John100 View Post
    I downloaded the files
    ARIA Player 1.111 for windows
    GPO4 Full 4.02 update for windows
    GPO4 FULL 4.02 for windows (however, this had a mac folder so I didn't do anything with it - it is about 1gig- don't know if this is for windows or mac but I did download the windows)

I go to play some instruments in the ARIA Player and every one I opened sounded like a mini moog synth sound. Sounds the same weather 32bit or 64bit player.

What am I doing wrong so I can get GPO4.02 working?

Should I send screen captures of the files I downloaded to Garritan?

BTW Is GWI out on DVD yet?

Thanks
    John
    I think your problem may be an issue with your sound card. Two questions:

1. Are you using your computer's onboard audio?

2. Do you own a PC or a Mac?

Let me know, and let's see if we can help you figure this out.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Re: Man are the updates working?

Thanks for the help Steve
    Realtek soundcard on i7 920 intel PC WIN 7 Pro

Realtek soundcard on i7 920 intel PC WIN 7 Pro
    Just to clarify, that would be the soundcard on the motherboard of your computer, right?

If so, that is not an ASIO card and will not produce the sounds correctly. You probably have the choice of DirectSound or MME as your audio device. You might try switching the drive from either to DirectSound or MME or vice versa and see if that solves the problem. Whether it does or not, the best solution is to get an ASIO soundcard as an add-on to your system.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Just to clarify, that would be the soundcard on the motherboard of your computer, right?
    Yes

the best solution is to get an ASIO soundcard as an add-on to your system
    Looking for a soundcard - any ideals which one to get?

If so, that is not an ASIO card and will not produce the sounds correctly. You probably have the choice of DirectSound or MME as your audio device. You might try switching the drive from either to DirectSound or MME or vice versa and see if that solves the problem. Whether it does or not,
    ok - not the audio device API - but when I switched Microsoft Sound Mapper to Speakers (Realtek High Definition getting sound

An ASIO soundcard would be the best solution. Price ranges vary considerably depending on your needs (external inputs, mics, etc. plus quality of wave forms ... 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, etc.)

Entry level cards by mAudio seem to be okay (at least that is what my brother uses and it seems fine). I have a Mackie Onyx 1640 Mixer (16 inputs mixed mic and equipment) with an Onyx 1640 firewire card in the mixer. The firewire card alone is $519 US and the mixer is double that. There are a lot of bells and whistles on this and probably not necessary unless you are setting up a recording studio in your home.

Maybe others will chime in and give you some alternatives for good ASIO soundcards.

Rich

Thanks Rich and for your help
    I have been looking at
    Delta 1010LT PCI Sound Card from M-Audio

BTW where does this about 1gig file go?

I'm not sure what the "Mac" file is that you are referring to. The installation if done in a standard manner should have put everything where it belongs on your disk drive. Maybe "Mac" doesn't stand for an Apple OS?

Rich

I have the same version you do, and I don't see the Mac folder you're referring to. However, I think it's safe to assume that you can ignore it since you're using Windows. Actually, I'm curious about what could be in that Mac folder. Pop it open, then tell me what a few of the filenames are. Maybe this can help us determine whether you would even need to keep it on your hard drive.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Go Back to forum