• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Hornswoggled"

Share/Bookmark

"Hornswoggled"

Y'all,

This is my work for four "French" horns, strings and harpsichord.

Here is "Hornswoggled".

I used various sample libraries including GPO.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Hornswoggled"

Hi Mr. Larry -

Just got done listening to "Hornswoggled". As I've shared to you before many times in the past (but not in so many words), you are the Contrapuntal-King of Composition!

Thoroughly enjoyed the listen, Mr. Larry!

So. . . you wrote for FOUR French Horns, Strings and Harpsichord. Trust me when I say that I am no orchestration/arranging expert. It seems that such a combination of instruments is unique. I actually love the sound of French Horns, so if you share the same love for them as I do then I can understand why you wanted to write for them. Curious, though. What inspired you to write for this particular combination of instruments? The challenge in writing for a unique combination of instruments? Your affection towards these particular instruments? You threw darts on a wall containing all of the names of possible instruments available for the modern orchestra and these were the "winners"? Just curious, there, Mr. Larry.

Compositionally. . . for my modest ears and taste in music, it shows your usual high proficiency and love for writing music.

Hope all is well with you, Mr. Larry!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Hi Mr. Larry -

Just got done listening to "Hornswoggled". As I've shared to you before many times in the past (but not in so many words), you are the Contrapuntal-King of Composition!

Thoroughly enjoyed the listen, Mr. Larry!

So. . . you wrote for FOUR French Horns, Strings and Harpsichord. Trust me when I say that I am no orchestration/arranging expert. It seems that such a combination of instruments is unique. I actually love the sound of French Horns, so if you share the same love for them as I do then I can understand why you wanted to write for them. Curious, though. What inspired you to write for this particular combination of instruments? The challenge in writing for a unique combination of instruments? Your affection towards these particular instruments? You threw darts on a wall containing all of the names of possible instruments available for the modern orchestra and these were the "winners"? Just curious, there, Mr. Larry.

Compositionally. . . for my modest ears and taste in music, it shows your usual high proficiency and love for writing music.

Hope all is well with you, Mr. Larry!

Ted
    Mister Theodore,

I take pleasure in writing for "unusual" instrument combinations just for the sake of variety.

Thank you for the kind things that you said in your message.

My best to you and Ms. Ted.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I appreciate that you take on the challenge of writing for "different" instrumentations. It's fun!

"Ms. Ted" (Amy) and I are doing fine. She's busy doing her O.R. nursing. I'm still doing my happy ICU/CCU nursing. During the past couple of years, I've been video-taping & editing educational in-services for the hospital where I work. I don't get any extra $$$ for the job, but it's fun and provides a needed service for my fellow hospital employees. It's also very time consuming.

Life is good, Mr. Larry. Take care. . . and enjoy the all of the writing that I know that you do.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

It sounds as though you and Miss Amy have a pretty full life, Mister Theodore.

My life is pretty busy too. I continue to sell dope to school children and that's pretty lucrative. (I'm kidding...I'm kidding!)

Thanks for your message. It's always good to hear from you.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum