• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA help

Question ARIA help

This is more of an ARIA question than a Garritan Samples question, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place.

I recently downloaded the "Sonantina Symphonic Orchestra" samples (from http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/;sfz format with wav samples) to compliment the GPO4 library. After I unzipped the download, I opened ARIA and tried to load a sfz file, but ARIA popped up a little white screen saying that it couldn't load any of the wav samples, at all. I brought this up on their forum as well, and they can get the samples to work in aria with little to no problem, and none of them know what the issue is, so I thought I'd try here, because there are a ton of smart people here and people who've made there own sfz based samples and such.

So, why won't ARIA load the wav samples? How does everybody else get it to work? Also, is there a difference between the ARIA engine and ARIA player? I'm thinking this might have to do with something...

Zacharias Paul Gustav Büchner

Re: ARIA help

You don't load the wav files you load the sfz files into ARIA.

Unzip the folder you down loaded and when you run Aria goto the named .sfz file in the folder abbove the sample folder.

Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

I did load the sfz file. ARIA refused to load the wav samples that were part of the sfz file. I know that much. Sorry if I didn't make that clear before.

Quote Originally Posted by ZacPB189 View Post
    I did load the sfz file. ARIA refused to load the wav samples that were part of the sfz file. I know that much. Sorry if I didn't make that clear before.
    I popped open some of the GPO4 sfz files I have on my computer, and they reference the samples with a .audio file extension (for example, FluteC7_0001102C.audio). If you go to Program Files > Garritan > Personal Orchestra 4 > Samples, you'll see all of the folders containing the samples themselves, and they're all .audio files. This file format is unfamiliar to me, so I don't know if it's proprietary, or if there's a utility out there that will convert .wav to .audio format. I suspect that's where your problem lies.

I'm kinda curious about this myself. I went through a "do it yourself" sampling project before I discovered GPO4, which produced a whole bunch of woodwind and brass wav files I was able to load into an old Windows 98 software sampler called Reality, made by Seer Systems. I came up with some pretty good stuff (especially considering how I was pulling out the samples), and I wanted to see if anything of the massive effort I put in might still be usable. Unfortunately, unless I can covert those wav files into .audio, I'm dead in the water there.

I'll be interested to see if someone more in the know here might be able to shed some light on the subject.

If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Nevermind... I had to manually make the folders for the wav samples, it was just a common sense error on my part. Don't you LOVE it when those happen?

Go Back to forum